Waterproof Bed Pad Reco's?

TheCrosswordPuzzler

We are going to be taking our near three year old on a cruise in September, alas, our little guy is not quite potty trained yet and still occasionally "overflows" at night.

I was thinking of purchasing a waterproof bedpad....does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking of buying disposables, but they look a bit uncomfortable....

Thank you!

When DS was little, we took along used "puppy pads." They are very similar to waterproof bed pads but a little easier to find. Most discount and grocery stores have them. We put one under his bottom at night and threw it away the next AM. Worked great.

We are going to be taking our near three year old on a cruise in September, alas, our little guy is not quite potty trained yet and still occasionally "overflows" at night.

I was thinking of purchasing a waterproof bedpad....does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking of buying disposables, but they look a bit uncomfortable....

Thank you!

Even if you purchase a waterproof bedpad, it would have to be washed if it got wet.

Why not just get those things like pull-ups (can't remember the name, but they are in the diaper section) that actually look like little boxers, but are for kids that aren't quite potty trained? Sometimes, even if they are, they still will have accidents when their schedules are off.

If using puppy pads bothers you, you can buy CHUX which are basically the same thing except they are made for incontinent humans and are usually a bit cheaper. They come in two sizes -- and are very absorbant. Here's a link to what I am talking about in Rite Aid brand:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=73862&catid=11583&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=11583&trxp2=73862&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT

I've never actually tried Pull Ups, but I'll give it a trial run. This issue is that my little guy doesn't seem to get the urge to get up at night to go and so he overflows his size 6 diapers from time to time.

Thank you for the suggestions and links....I'm definetly going to try a couple of options before leaving.

Angela

Archived