Princess Heros

greenbar

:) My DW and I returned to Seattle last Sunday from a 7 day Alaska cruise on the Star Princess.

That debarkation Sunday could have been a disaster because I carelessly left my car keys in the cabin safe when we left the ship. I didn't discover that they were missing until we were about to clear airport security. While I stomped and stewed, my DW went back to the baggage area and found someone with a Princess clipboard. That Princess employee called the ship, found our keys, arranged for one of the buses coming to the airport to deliver them and got them to my wife in time for us to make our departing flight. We were bowled over by this person's commitment to customer service.

This was our first cruise with Princess, but it sure won't be our last.:D :D :D :D :D

Nice to hear a GOOD comment about Princess from a first time Princess cruiser - so many first time Princess cruisers on this board have lists of everything that went wrong and how princess wouldn't help and that they will never sail Princess again. Welcome Aboard to "Where You Belong".

Ron

Thas was indeed a heartwarming story - and it IS nice to have some positive comments, lately there have been so many negative ones - although from the replies they receive it would indicate these experiences are few and far between.

I hope the OP will take time to let Princess know directly. I'm sure they will appreciate the contact.

greenbar: Thanks for sharing your positive experience, with Princess!

We, too, are very pleased with the responsiveness and attention to detail that Princess has given us.

Although a bit different and unique, our story will not fit into everyone's mold! - We travel with a Service Dog (in my avatar, etc.) We always bring her very favorite "chew sticks" (Virbac-C.E.T. Dental Care Chews), when we travel with her. For some reason I had not packed enough of them. And, she loves, loves them!

I went to the Purser's desk, with what I had, and asked if they could loan me a pair of scissors (so I could cut them up-to stretch them!) The gentleman, behind the counter suggested that he could use a paper cutter, located on the bottom level and he'd be happy to do it for me!

He took them, cut them into strips, which allowed for her to have her usual dose of them (2 per day) and we were good to go.

What a nice guy....he truly went out of his way, to make my dog happy and make Princess look so good!

When I'm considering booking a cruise, I always think of Princess first!!!!! It was our first Princess cruise and we've done 5 more since then and are scheduled for 2 more within the next couple of months. :)

:) My DW and I returned to Seattle last Sunday from a 7 day Alaska cruise on the Star Princess.

That debarkation Sunday could have been a disaster because I carelessly left my car keys in the cabin safe when we left the ship. I didn't discover that they were missing until we were about to clear airport security. While I stomped and stewed, my DW went back to the baggage area and found someone with a Princess clipboard. That Princess employee called the ship, found our keys, arranged for one of the buses coming to the airport to deliver them and got them to my wife in time for us to make our departing flight. We were bowled over by this person's commitment to customer service.

This was our first cruise with Princess, but it sure won't be our last.:D :D :D :D :D

Wow! Thats fabulous! I would have been a wreck if I had realized that after getting off the ship!!

See more reason as to why can't wait for our cruise...

This was our first cruise with Princess, but it sure won't be our last.

Great to hear. :)

This was our first cruise with Princess, but it sure won't be our last.:D :D :D

RIGHT ON.

GERTZ

Princess Elite

Next Tahitian 9/18 Vancouver to Honolulu

Coral 4/12 FLL to LA

Island 8/17 Back to Alaska 4th time w/grandson:D

Wonderful customer service.

We had an unpleasant event happen away from the Princess ship last year, nothing to do with Princess. A long story but the security people sent us flowers. I thanked them profusely and wrote nice comment cards but I should have publicized it on line.

Nice to hear a GOOD comment about Princess from a first time Princess cruiser - so many first time Princess cruisers on this board have lists of everything that went wrong and how princess wouldn't help and that they will never sail Princess again. Welcome Aboard to "Where You Belong".

Ron

well said ron , where you belong is the princess motto, great to hear that wonderful story , i always find princess very helpful but that was extremely helpful.

cat

Gosh it is so darn nice to hear a nice story about Princess rather than the gloom and doom and never will sail Princess again. Thank you very much for reporting that to us.

Marilyn

On our last cruise (first on Princess) my husband thought he left his wedding ring and another gold ring in the basket at one of the security check ins. We called the desk and they said to check thoroughly throughout our stateroom and they would check with security. Nothing turned up and we thought they were gone. We mentioned this to our steward and then went to dinner. When we came back the rings were on a tray at the foot of the bed. He did an extra search and found them between the desk and the bed.

Three years ago we were sailing around the Mediterranean on the Grand Princess. I got an e-mail message from our SIL that our 7 month pregnant DD had been rushed by ambulance to the hospital, that she would be delivering either normally, by being induced. or by caesarean, because she had developed a form of preclampsia. We rushed to our cabin and tried to get the number of the hospital back in the U.S., but had no luck. We went to the Purser's Desk and a wonderful female staff member not only got us the number but also put the phone call through for us We talked to our daughter, let her know we were praying for her and would arrange to get back home at our next stop. Our phone call was brief but we felt so much better hearing her voice. When we finished our call, I thanked the Purser and gave her our cabin number to put the phone charge on our shipboard account. The Purser insisted because it was an emergency, the phone call was on Princess, the only condition... to please give her an update on how our DD was doing. We were very touched by her compassion and concern and continue to tell our story when we hear someone complain about the Purser's Desk. Our DD delivered a beautiful baby girl the next day... mother and child perfectly healthy. And, that little baby girl is now 3 years old and the light of grandma's eye!

We have always found cabin stewards to be amazing, each in their own way. On one of 2005 cruises our steward was doing an okay job for us, but absolutely wowed us one evening when I returned to find the plastic grips on my curling iron repaired - I had cracked them earlier on the cruise, and that day they finally gave up the ghost. I tossed the grips in the trash can. He took the time and found the epoxy needed to repair it - wow!!!! ( No comments on someone paying close attention to the trash in the wastebucket please - I think he noticed they weren't on the curling iron which was on the desk.) Somehow, he seemed to be doing a much better job of everything after that. :)

We had a similar situation on our last April cruise in FLL. The shared ride van took off after dropping us off at the terminal with my carry on with all of my medicatiosn, camera which included all of our pictures we took on the cruise, and my irreplacable jewelery.

We immediatley went to the cruise rep in the baggage claim area (awaiting arriving passengers) and spoke of our situation. They took my cell phone number and kept in just in case they heard anything, After 2 hours (and a missed flight becasue I wasn't going to leave my bag in Florida) we got a call from the Princess rep who heard our bag was in another airline's terminal. We eventually found the bag, untouched and recovered our precious memories and jewelery that meant so much to me as I reveived all of it as gifts.

The rep went above an beyond her job. We got lucky, because I had an extra embarkation tag with Princess on it, we put the extras on our carry on's "just in case" we misplaced them during the embarkation process. Well, those tags prompted an airport employee to give the bag to the Princess rep at the different terminal where the van driver left it (after it had been bomb sniffed by the police dog because the van driver left it on the curbside unattended). That rep called others on the radio to see if a bag was missing, and that is how we got notified.

Taught us to place a laminated tag with our travel plans/flight numbers/post cruise hotel information and our cell numbers on the bag's handle in case this happens again!

........ While I stomped and stewed, my DW went back to the baggage area and found someone with a Princess clipboard. That Princess employee called the ship, found our keys, arranged for one of the buses coming to the airport to deliver them and got them to my wife in time for us to make our departing flight. We were bowled over by this person's commitment to customer service.........:D :D :D

Great quick thinking on your wife's part. Glad it worked out. ;)

........ While I stomped and stewed, my DW went back to the baggage area and found someone with a Princess clipboard. That Princess employee called the ship, found our keys, arranged for one of the buses coming to the airport to deliver them and got them to my wife in time for us to make our departing flight. We were bowled over by this person's commitment to customer service.........:D :D :D

Great quick thinking on your wife's part. Glad it worked out. ;)

I had many Princess "heros" on the ill-fated Star Princess when a fire broke out on board. We were in our muster station and our waiter(and we had anytime dining) so us from his muster station by a life boat. He called my name and asked how we were, how were our daughters etc. After the fire was extinguished he again found us to check on things. While the cruise was terminated Jun continued to look out for us until we disembarked the ship. We had many unsung hero's on that trip especially those fighting the fire.

Archived