Wish that this ship was also an RCI ship.

I totally agree with you. This is the ship that is making me leave RCI for a while. I am cruising on Equinox (pictured in her beginning stages next to Solstive). Not only is the ship fantastic, but the itineraries are great too.

There is a rumor that after Oasis class, RCI will be moving to smaller ships again. Maybe they will do something similar to Solstice class.

There are always such rumors but the only fact that we know is that the cruiseline has an option with Aker Yards to build another Freedom class ship. Technically that would make the rumor true since Freedom ships are smaller than Oasis class but I don't think that is what the rumor spreaders have in mind. :rolleyes: Many of us would like to see more Radiance class ships built but whenever we have raised the issue with Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein and other RCI officials, their response has been that economic factors do not make construction of more ships that size, feasible.

The trend is to build larger, more fuel -efficient ships, not smaller ones and, if anything, Solstice is just further evidence that the trend now extends to Celebrity as well. One advantage that RCI fans have is that Solstice and the other Celebrity ships are part of the RCCL's fleet of cruiseships and there are some reciprocal benefits for Crown and Anchor fans who sail on those ships.:) In comparison to Radiance ships, however, Solstice is much closer in size to Freedom ships than Radiance and that size difference might not suit those of us who believe Radiance is the perfect size. BTW, as much as I like much of what I have seen of Solstice, is there something about curved and smooth flowing lines that Celebrity dislikes?:confused: All of their ships tend towards squared off edges and lines although at least Solstice doesn't look like it was designed by the Lego company.

I totally agree with you. This is the ship that is making me leave RCI for a while. I am cruising on Equinox (pictured in her beginning stages next to Solstive). Not only is the ship fantastic, but the itineraries are great too.

There is a rumor that after Oasis class, RCI will be moving to smaller ships again. Maybe they will do something similar to Solstice class.

I sure hope your rumor is right. We are sailing the Pacific Princess and the Azamara Journey for the next few cruises after our Explorer cruise in October.........

Even something along the lines of the Solstice class would be great!!

Archived