Alaska Adventure Cabins in Homer

#1survivorfan

I just made reservations for 2 adult couples (DH, myself and good friends) to stay at the Double Eagle Cabin (docked boat) in Homer through Alaska Adventure Cabins. We're staying 3 nights next July. Has anyone stayed at this cabin? There are 2 full baths and 1 half bath. Are the bathrooms attached to each bedroom? Any info would be appreciated

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I am in Homer now, staying in the Best Western- leaving early in the AM. We had dinner at the Land's End Resort (no rooms available)- delightful. I love Homer!!!!! It is beautiful. Hope your cabins are what you are hoping for! We have stayed in 2 different cabins on this trip- neither were well equipped and both were very small-we were not prepared. Made things work though!!

Have fun! Donna

I just made reservations for 2 adult couples (DH, myself and good friends) to stay at the Double Eagle Cabin (docked boat) in Homer through Alaska Adventure Cabins. We're staying 3 nights next July. Has anyone stayed at this cabin? There are 2 full baths and 1 half bath. Are the bathrooms attached to each bedroom? Any info would be appreciated

We loved Homer. If you would like a lovely view and atmosphere BUT a 10 minute drive to the Homer Spit, I would recommend Wild Rose B&B. They are high on the hillside overlooking the Spit and the owners are wonderful. We had a two bedroom, one bath cabin but there are four or five cabins so it's easy to mix and match for maximum comfort. Staying here was one of the highlights of our previous trip to Alaska.

We loved Homer. If you would like a lovely view and atmosphere BUT a 10 minute drive to the Homer Spit, I would recommend Wild Rose B&B. They are high on the hillside overlooking the Spit and the owners are wonderful. We had a two bedroom, one bath cabin but there are four or five cabins so it's easy to mix and match for maximum comfort. Staying here was one of the highlights of our previous trip to Alaska.

Sorry about the double post. Just thought I'd add that I just checked the website and Wild Rose B&B now offers a three bedroom "Kelly House" as well. I believe this was the house the owner lived in while we were there. At $250 per night, I think this is a great bargain. All their other cabins are lovely as well.

You do realize that this place is about 5 miles from anything in Homer. So you will have to get in your car constantly to "go see".

Here are a couple of suggestions:

This is the BEST lodging value in Homer. AND one of the best views. No full kitchen, but right in the middle of the action, so you can walk along the Spit, go out to eat and go on fishing trips WITHOUT moving your car.

http://www.sealiongallery.com/cove/

Land's End CONDO's, which do have full kitchens and are again, right in the middle of the action. About the same price as Homer Adventure Cabins (although I have always wanted to stay in the boat either there or the one on the Spit that is for rent).

http://landsendlodges.com/renters_info.htm

Absolutely true, Wild Rose B&B was a 10 minute drive to the town and Spit. If that bothers you, it's not the place. But if you enjoy the incredible view and peace and quiet, and don't mind the short drive into town, I recommend their property.

You do realize that this place is about 5 miles from anything in Homer. So you will have to get in your car constantly to "go see".

Here are a couple of suggestions:

This is the BEST lodging value in Homer. AND one of the best views. No full kitchen, but right in the middle of the action, so you can walk along the Spit, go out to eat and go on fishing trips WITHOUT moving your car.

http://www.sealiongallery.com/cove/

Land's End CONDO's, which do have full kitchens and are again, right in the middle of the action. About the same price as Homer Adventure Cabins (although I have always wanted to stay in the boat either there or the one on the Spit that is for rent).

http://landsendlodges.com/renters_info.htm

Greatam

How do I find out about the boat located on the Spit that is for rent?

Also...were you saying the the boat through Alaska Adventure Cabins is located 5 miles out of town? I don't mind getting in my car to go into town if the serenity and view is worth it. It looked to me like it was on their website

Greatam

How do I find out about the boat located on the Spit that is for rent?

Also...were you saying the the boat through Alaska Adventure Cabins is located 5 miles out of town? I don't mind getting in my car to go into town if the serenity and view is worth it. It looked to me like it was on their website

The boat on the Spit is now a "private" membership club. $500 per year to join and you get two free nights. BUT they have sold all the memberships they are allowed to for this year (until June 1, 2009), so not a good bet for lodging. Just too iffy that you would get the dates you want. From what my Homer neighbor told me, they are really looking to local residents (Anchorage mostly) who are flexible in their choice of dates.

And the other place on the Spit that had the lighthouse was left vacant all year and no one in Homer seems to know whether the owners are going to rent it out again or not. This has been a continuing situation-some years they rent and some years it stays vacant.

Yes, Adventure Alaska cabins are about 5 miles out of town. Just past the overlook coming into town. Peaceful and quiet-yes. If you have to hassle the parking situation in Homer-no, it is not convenient. Parking during the summer is an absolute nightmare on the Spit some days. So if you are planning on a boat charter or just walking along the Spit and shopping and sightseeing, be prepared to be frustrated for a parking space UNLESS you get there before 9:00AM.

Enjoy-Homer Alaska and Phnom Penh Cambodia-my two favorite places in the world. I have purchased property in both locations-that's how much I like them both.

Archived