Budapest/Prague ATM Exchange Question

nyfeds

Hi NY Feds...

We just returned from Amadeus Danube Discovery. In both cities you are asking about, the ATM's provide local currency....HUF in Budapest and CZK in Prague.

The sad part, as you will no doubt discover, is that the exchange rate doesn't really help the fact that prices are very high throughout the region.

I appeciate and thank you for your reply. Just as I suspected, but wanted to be sure.

The exchange rate is dropping a bit. Hopefully, more as time draws closer to our trip.

I hope you enjoyed Danube Discovery. We will be taking the same itinerary and are really looking forward to it. Anything you'd like to share about the cruise and/or AMA Waterways?

The food was much better than I was expecting based on some comments on this board in the past. Eating dinner at 7PM really doesn't allow for much "down" time to relax after a full day of touring.

I hope that Debbie Albrecht is your Cruise Director. She is wonderful, entertaining, knowledgeable, talented..I could go on. Suffice it to say that whatever you need, ask Debbie.

One negative...Internet access and the entire entertainment package in the rooms, was almost non-existent while moving on the Danube. It got better as we spent time in-port, but this is something that needs some improvement.

Archived