Just got an e-mail from Meyer Ship Yards Re: Solstice

RCCLCARIB

The platform that the crane is now lifting might be significant. When I watched the outdocking video of the AIDA ship (on youtube), they were flying some men around in that lift rig from the first crane. At the time the ship was about 25%out of the dock in that video.

Hypo

I agree. They could have easily set up multiple cams. Celebrity could have done the same too. Oh well.... guess we should be happy with what they give us !

I wonder if Celebrity realizes we are up and watching this :confused: I can't even believe I'm up and watching this. The dog just walked into the Den looked at me very confused :confused: and padded back to the bedroom to sleep.

Since there is a web cam in the building I was hoping that would be a current picture so we could actually see the ship move out. Oh, well, it's neat just to be able to get the first glimpse of her out of the building. Hopefully that will be soon.

Is this web cam where she will be passing by or will she be be berthed?

If it where she will be berthed, that won't occur for a number of hours.

This is the schedule that was posted:

approx. 7.30 am - Undocking starts

approx. 9.00 am - Ship in harbour, various tests

approx. 2 pm - Berthing alongside pier

Looking at the layout in Google Earth, the ship should come straight back, from the bottom of the picture, straight up the left side. They will then have to turn her and move her out to the center of the basin. The dock that we see in the picture, runs at about a 45 degree angle down, and to the left, right into the edge of the assembly building.

See what happens when you make nasty comments about the poor tug - it got it's feelings hurt and left the webcam FOV. Please leave all those rude posts for the dress code threads - Nooooooo! I didn't mean to even mention the words 'dress code'!

I think I'm getting punch drunk.

Denny

Archived