Colectivo anyone?

mcdevitt83

What has been your experience with taking a colectivo to Tulum?

We haven't been to or from Tulum but we did use the colectivo last year to return to PDC from Akumal. It was fun. Nobody on the van could speak english but they went out of their way to make room for us. Our taxi fare to Akumal from Calica was $30. The colectivo fare back to PDC was $2 or $3 @.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We went to the bus station in Playa and got a bus to Tulum. There was a movie playing and it was very comfortable. Cheap as well. We caught the same bus back to Playa later in the day from Tulum. We did see the Colectivo buses driving along and I have read that you just have to flag one down and it will stop for you.

We went to the bus station in Playa and got a bus to Tulum. There was a movie playing and it was very comfortable. Cheap as well. We caught the same bus back to Playa later in the day from Tulum. We did see the Colectivo buses driving along and I have read that you just have to flag one down and it will stop for you.

The colectivo that we rode was a van that would hold 10 or 12 people. There are covered bus stops every few miles along the main rode and the vans run every 15 or 20 minutes. If the van is full you don't have to wait long for another one. It is a neat way to travel.

Archived