How cold does it get in late August - W. Caribbean

first1

As far as I can tell, it never really gets cold (cool, but not cold) in the Caribbean, but it could be dependent upon what you are used to. Take along a sweater or shawl and purchase a sweatshirt if that isn't enough to keep you toasty. For me, it was never the need to put clothes on as much as the desire to take them off :eek: that has plagued us.

You might also go to a website that does worldwide weather postings (we use world time server) and check the temps. That way, you won't be surprised

Unless you live full time in a desert, where the average temps are in the 100's, you won't be cold as the average temps in the Caribbean in August will be in the 90's with high humidity. It will cool off a bit at night, but by then you're back on the ship and you'll only feel chilly in the air conditioned rooms.

Bring a wrap or sweater for the ship, if you don't like ac. The ships are kept very comfortable for some, but too cool for others. Outdoors you won't need anything unless you are on the pool deck in the evenings...and then it's for the sea winds. But that will even feel warmer in August than the inside of the ship.

I always bring a sweater and a capri sweat outfit. Even if it is NOT chilly, if I've had too much sun during the day then I can get really cold in the a/c. On more than one occasion I have gone back to the room and crawled under the covers to get warm --- even though it is mid-80s at 10 pm!

Do I need to bring sweaters/sweatshirts or is it more like a summer night breeze.

It will be plenty warm but regardless of time of year, I always pack wind pants/windshirts as there are some nights it feels cool. In addition, there are some places that the A/C can be plenty cold as well.

At night, I normally sleep under the covers as well.

last year at halloween in Belize, and Cozumel it was still over 90 in the middle of the day. nights were in upper 70's to around 80. still humid. we spent most of the daytime near or in water to keep cool, never needed any more than a tee shirt. we also took a sweatshirt, but never used.

i would imagine august to be about the same.

doug

Did you really mean to ask this in reference to late August.....in the Caribbean? :confused:

Yes. I am traveling with my elderly mother who is always cold. She's from Southern CA.

Do you know if rooms are separtely controlled?

Yes. I am traveling with my elderly mother who is always cold. She's from Southern CA.

Do you know if rooms are separtely controlled?

Gotcha. ;)

Yes, the rooms are individually controlled.

The Caribbean temps in late August at night are usually in the low to mid 80s. Couple this with a water tamp ranging from the low to high 80s, and you've got a lot of hot, sticky nights.

However, a multitude of factors can lead to breezy nights. She shouldn't need any more than just a thin jacket.

The weather is perfect.

No need for sweaters. :rolleyes:

Short sleeves and shorts are the attire in the Caribbean.

If you were going to Alaska in August I would suggest a parka....;)...:D

Do I need to bring sweaters/sweatshirts or is it more like a summer night breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

You will be near the equator. It is the middle of the hottest month of summer in the northern hemisphere. I think you won't be cold when outside. As stated above, though, you might want something to cover your arms when inside due to the airconditioning.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived