DD214 copies - how long does it take to get a copy

luvmygirlz

Does anyone know......once you apply for a copy of a dd214, how long does it take to get a copy?

Also, will Carnival honor it on a current booking or does it have to be presented at the time you actually book your cruise?

Thanks!!

I don't know how long it takes to get a copy. We use my DH's ID card - active reserve. I do know they want proof soon after booking- like 24-48 hours. I don't remember exactly. My DH just faxes them a copy after our TA books us. The cruise also has to have available cabins. There are limited cabins available for military rates.

I belive I read that you have to provide a copy of your DD214 w/in 24 hours of booking the military rate. I doubt that they'll apply it to an existing booking. Carnival only offers Military rate on certain (not all) cruises. It took me over 6 months to get my DD214 as mine was apparently involved in one of the repositories that had a Fire. Do everything by FAX or e-mail. Ken

Does anyone know......once you apply for a copy of a dd214, how long does it take to get a copy?

Also, will Carnival honor it on a current booking or does it have to be presented at the time you actually book your cruise?

Thanks!!

They need to receive the faxed copy before final payment. The sooner the better.

I have no idea how long to get a copy.

My husband had to have his to apply for his social security. Although we had (used to have) several copies, we could not find them at the time. So applied for a copy online and tho the site said it could take 6 months, it actually only took a few weeks.

Cathy

If the ship still has military rates available, it can be applied retroactively. It is also a good idea to check on the rates on occasion. I have had the past guest rate go lower than the military rate and switched over to it.

Dave

I belive I read that you have to provide a copy of your DD214 w/in 24 hours of booking the military rate. I doubt that they'll apply it to an existing booking. Carnival only offers Military rate on certain (not all) cruises. It took me over 6 months to get my DD214 as mine was apparently involved in one of the repositories that had a Fire. Do everything by FAX or e-mail. Ken

I have my original DD214 so I can't say how long it would take; HOWEVER, I found out about the military discount a couple MONTHS after I booked my cruise and called my TA. They got on the phone w/ Carnival and gave me a discount. They asked me to fax my DD214 (with some reference numbers and stuff--they advised me what to do). I totally forgot to do it.

So around 3 weeks AFTER I got the discount, I realized I didn't fax it to Carnival. I did it when I realized it, and the discount was applied. In fact, I recently called to see if there were any OBCs for my cruise and they said that since I had a MILITARY DISCOUNT that the cost of the cruise would more than likely not go lower than that. Proof that they applied the discount.

SO if you are trying for a military discount go for it. As you can see, you can ask for the discount after the fact.

I hope this helps,

Archived