Bar Harbor, closest bust tour to the pier. Ollies or Acadia??

pdoeringer

We will be in Bar Harbor in Sept. I have bad knees and trouble walking very far. My question is which of the two tour lines (Ollies or Acacia) pick you up closest to the tender pier? Also will they drop you off in town if you want to on the way back? Do they also drop off back at the tenders?

I think they are both relatively close to the tender pier. I suggest you go to the websites Acadia Island Tours Oli's trolley and Acadia National Park Tours. They both state that they are very close to the pier.

I booked the Acadia National Park Tour only because I heard that the bus is more comfortable than the trolley but I think that they are both excellent tours. I'll be going at the end of August.

Oli's Trolley sells their tickets in the building on the pier where your tender puts in. You then have to walk 1 block (5 min +/- depending on your walking speed) to their pick-up at the Harborside Marina & Hotel on West St. (walk is rather flat)

Acadia Tours is also a 1 block walk, but an up hill walk on Main Street.

Oli's is indeed a trolley, where the Acadia buses are similar to a school bus.

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend Ollie's Trolley if you can get Santo as your driver/guide.

Beware of the women selling Ollie's tickets! They don't take kindly to questions and appear to be going through the motions. I'm not sure what's gotten into the folks at Bar :eek: Harbor but they are doing a great job of biting the hand that feeds them.

They both seem to be close and have similar tours. Acadia's is $25 and Ollie's is $29. We made reservations with Acadia's because we're cheap:D The people taking phone reservations for Acadia were very friendly.

Yikes, I'd be put off a tour if the people selling the tickets weren't very friendly.

Archived