Recommended kennel near Ft. Lauderdale?

Beth Y

Hi,

We're looking for a kennel near Ft. Lauderdale for our Yorkie during our February 8 cruise. We are planning to drive from Ft. Walton Beach to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, the day before the cruise (a 9 1/2 hour trip), so we need one with Sunday drop off and pick up hours, or we'll have to make the trip a day earlier (and stay in the area one more night after the cruise). Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

If you don't get any replies here, I would call a couple vet clinics in the area you are looking and ask them what they'd recommend. They won't steer you wrong.

We are limited to just 3 or 4 hours for pick ups on Sundays at the kennel we use. But maybe you could work something out with some cash incentive if you don't want to stay over the extra day. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. Camp Canine in Ft. Lauderdale looks like our best bet -- 11 minutes from the cruiseport, very convenient hours (open until 5:00 PM on Saturdays, and open from 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon for pick-ups on Sundays). The testimonials on the website look good -- does anyone have personal experience with Camp Canine? Thank you!

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but, did you ask your vet. for a reccommendation. Your vet could be affliated with some kennels or other vets in the port area. I always ask my vet first about different kennels, groomers and training facilities. They have giving me some great info.

Henepup

Archived