Now you have it, now you don't

escapeready

I was just told that I could upgrade to a balcony and in the 5 minutes that it took us to decide, they told me it was gone. What is your experience with getting such an opportunity? Is it likely to come back? I'm on the waiting list, but they don't seem to use that - they just give it to whoever is on the phone at the moment, so far as I can tell. We leave in October - do we have a chance of getting a balcony if they say there aren't any right now? This whole process has been very bizarre for us. Do we need to keep calling them at random times?

I was just told that I could upgrade to a balcony and in the 5 minutes that it took us to decide, they told me it was gone. What is your experience with getting such an opportunity? Is it likely to come back? I'm on the waiting list, but they don't seem to use that - they just give it to whoever is on the phone at the moment, so far as I can tell. We leave in October - do we have a chance of getting a balcony if they say there aren't any right now? This whole process has been very bizarre for us. Do we need to keep calling them at random times?

I assume you booked directly with Princess? I can't really help as we always use a TA who makes these kinds of changes for us. I would recommend that you call back.....it's been my experience when I have called Princess with questions...that different people give different answers.

Have you checked the Princess site for your sailing to see if there are balconies available?

Good Luck!

When is your trip in oct. Mine is also in oct. and the final payment was this past Friday. Now there are times that openings will happen after final payment(cancellations etc.) See if your TA or if you used Princess can then check for you.

Marilyn

Unless you say otherwise, let's assume you are willing to pay for that balcony cabin if it comes available. That's quite a different situation that "getting an upgrade" which is a process Princess uses to balance the ship population.

I assume you booked directly with Princess? I can't really help as we always use a TA who makes these kinds of changes for us. I would recommend that you call back.....it's been my experience when I have called Princess with questions...that different people give different answers.

Have you checked the Princess site for your sailing to see if there are balconies available?

Good Luck!

Great ideas, especially checking the Princess web site frequently. Go through the booking process until you get to cabin choice, and if there is one - PHONE immediately.

We have seen what appears to be major travel agencies release a "block" of unsold cabins back to the Princess available inventory- they become available on a first come first served basis, and the quick are the lucky.

We had one cruise that was sold out (every category waitlisted) where we got a cabin in this manner, so it can work if you are lucky.

Archived