San Juan Wine/Liquor Store

Is there a wine/liquor store clsoe to the pier or in route form the airport?

I would like to buy a few Seagram's Twisted Wine Coolers and Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi for my cabin.

Any idea of availability in San Juan? Are the prices decent or tourist traps.

Serenade (Southern)- April '04
Voyager (Western) - March '03
Explorer (Eastern)- August '02
Sensation (Western)- July '95

There are decent duty-free shops at the pier in San Juan (after the check-in counter for your cruise, but before the gangway for the ship). I was able to buy several mini-bottles of liquor for $1 each, and I remember them having a decent selection of soft drinks as well. However, I have heard recently that RCCL departs from multiple piers in San Juan now, so I don't know if all piers have them.

Are you arriving in San Juan the day of your cruise, or will you be there for at least a night prior? Depending on where you stay, you might have access to grocery stores, liquor stores, and mega-drug stores (similar to Walgreen's or CVS). My wife and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Isla Verde (near the SJU airport), and we had easy access to all 3 types of stores, all within walking distance. I don't remember what's available in downtown San Juan near the pier, other than the Don Q rum distillery. Now that I rack my brain, the pier area does have a couple of convenience stores that sell liquor, but I seem to recall that they charge more than a normal grocery store or liquor store.

I hope that helps!

--Paul

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until we re-experience the Radiance (11/21/04)!

Thanks...did you have any trouble carrying alcohol on board?

We're arriving on sail date...plan to ask taxi driver to stop on the way from airport.

Serenade (Southern)- April '04
Voyager (Western) - March '03
Explorer (Eastern)- August '02
Sensation (Western)- July '95

Sounds like if there is no store near your pier, your best bet would be to ask the taxi driver to stop at a store. There is a grocery store near the SJU airport in Isla Verde--if I remember correctly, the name of the store is Pueblo, and it is your typical big supermarket. I don't know if they carry liquor, so ask the taxi driver for advice.

As for carrying liquor on the ship, I have never had trouble, but I have always put it in my carry-on bag with my other stuff. I have heard that some people have had trouble carrying liquor on board, so your mileage may vary.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until we re-experience the Radiance (11/21/04)!

Archived