Question About Concierge Category Perks On Constellation Vs Soltice

Dave4120

Hello...We are cruising on the Constellation this November and have a Concierge class cabin. With this cabin, we get additional perks such as flowers, canopies, etc.

I am also getting ready to book another cruise on Celebrity for November of 2009. This will be a transatlantic cruise on the new Solstice. However, when I read the description of the Concierge Class cabin category, I do not see any of the same perks as the Concierge Class rooms on the Constellation.

If this is true, I will probably get a 2B category room on the Solstice since the room size is the same as the Concierge Class room on the Solstice.

Can anyone tell me if the Concierge Class cabins on the Solstice provide the same perks as on the Constellation. If not, does anyone know what category room you have to move up to on the Solstice to get them?

Thanks for everyones time and help.

Dave

We've booked Concierge Class on Solstice, and here are the 'Indulgencies':

Concierge Class Indulgences:

spacer.gif

•Welcome champagne•Daily fruit selection•Fresh-cut flowers•Daily hors d'oeuvres•Pillow Menu - Conformance, Body,Goose, and Isotonic®•Duvets and pillow-top mattresses•Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag•Frette bathrobes•Hansgrohe® showerhead•VIP invitations to events•Early embarkation and debarkation•Early embarkation and debarkation•Dining and seating preference•Preference on shore excursions•Express luggage delivery•Shoeshine service

The room is the same size as the other Solstice standard Balconies, but the Balcony has upgraded chairs and table that is suppose to be larger. The Balcony is larger by about 13sqft then on the Constellation. The Solstice list is the same as the Constellation except it added the Shoeshine Service.

Denny

I have yet to notice the difference between CC and the regular version. Save your money and spend it in the Martini bar. Remember they pay alot of people a good sum of money to come up with BS like CC or Aqua Spa class to make us spend even a little more money. ;)

I think that you are right that some of the perks of CC are more in the mind set than worth much. I have found that fruit and canapes are usually something I don't even want in the room -- I gain enough with what I am willing to "wallk upstairs for". :o The reason I went CC was that we booked very late and there were a lot of CC "leftovers" so got an excellent price. Also had a Maryland resident discount (1st time ever that Maryland landed something extra -- Fla discount yes seen that but Maryland *other east coast states also?* never. On that day at that vendor CC was cheaper than OV! LUCCCCCKY!

We booked a CC cabin on Century this winter for less than an ocean view cabin. Although we have never sailed on =X=, we like the amenities listed above that are included in the purchase price of the cabin.

We also booked a CC cabin on Solstice for next summer, but it was about $300 more than a reg. balcony cabin. Now, we booked this cabin b/c the CC cabins are higher up, while the reg. balcony cabins are lower, which was unfavorable for us. The reason being that the balconies are indented into the ship, allowing the lifeboats to fit above the promenade deck. B/c of this, the higher up you are, the better view you will have from your balcony and down towards the ocean.

Overall, I think it is a great cabin choice:)

On general principles we now book the CC category. and lo and behold a few week ago on their pricing was the notice that if your a retired military or military on the CC category there is a $200.00 discount each. That is for the t/a of the Constellation 9/9/08...Also adjustment for lower price and for fuel...it worked out..very well

Archived