AA or A2 on Pearl

sarahvch

We are booked in an A2 on the Pearl. I noticed today that the AA are the same price that I paid for the A2 I am not really sure which is better. I thought the only suite above the A2 was the Villa. I also thought I had the best suite for this trip. I can't imagine booking the villa for just two people.

Am I wrong?

You're correct that the only suite level higher than the A2 (Deluxe Owner's Suite) is the A1 (Garden Villa). NCL considers the A2 to be one step above the AAs (Owner's Suites). I'm guessing that is because it is on deck 15 above the Courtyard, whereas the AA pax have to come up to the Courtyard to use it. I'm pretty sure that the A2 is larger than an AA, but I'm not 100% about that. As far as I know, the perks are the same, but perhaps the amenities within the A2 are considered a step up from the AAs?

Edited: I just popped over to NCL's website. They list Pearl's AAs at about 800 sqft and the A2 at about 1,200 sqft. That's a pretty significant difference. I'm pretty sure that the AAs have a separate bedroom, but I recall when we had a tour of the A2 on Jade (then PoH) that there was not a completely separate bedroom, just a bedroom area...as if that would be an issue should we ever be lucky enough to cruise in an A2.:D

Edited again: There's only one A2 on Jade, but two on Pearl. The configuration (including the separate bedroom or not) is probably different.

I suspect you'll be very, very happy with your choice.

beachchick

We are booked in an A2 on the Pearl. I noticed today that the AA are the same price that I paid for the A2 I am not really sure which is better. I thought the only suite above the A2 was the Villa. I also thought I had the best suite for this trip. I can't imagine booking the villa for just two people.

Am I wrong?

We've in both via upsells.:D Last year on the Pearl we were in A2 15500 and this year we were in AA 9004.

We've got lots of pictures of each suite and think our preference is the A2 because of the location and because of the great balcony with private hot tub. The A2 is very convenient to Cagney's for breakfast/lunch and also just a quick walk down the stairs is the Courtyard. But there is quite a flight of stairs from Deck 14 where you get on and off the elevator then up a steep flight of stairs to your A2 suite.

Let me know if you have any questions we could help you with!:)

brunolvr we are in 15500. I read your review from June of this year. We can't wait! I'll have to check your pictures out and see where we will be staying or are you pictures from this years trip?

Both last year's and this year's pictures are posted at the link below. Here's 15500! http://travel.webshots.com/album/563924730iHamjI

The only thing we didn't like was by the end of the week, we were tired of all the stairs, but, hey, with all that exercise we didn't gain any weight on our cruise last year! Now this year was a different story!

Glacier Bay day is a good day to have the butler serve your breakfast in your suite. Enjoy your magnificent views! I'm jealous!:D

Here's last year's review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30219

A2 Jade / Pearl

- Looks like the stairwell is about the same as our trip - 19 stairs up/ 19 stairs down. :eek: No weight gained on our trip either. But there was elevator access to deck 14 which was where the door to our suite was - then up the stairs to the suite. The Jade doesn't have a personal hot tub on the deck - you have to use the one in the Courtyard on deck 14. But I have read there are on the Pearl. One thing I would like to mention is that in looking at the pictures of the Pearl's A2 I see that the bar area does not have a lip around the top of the counter. During our trip all bottles of alcohol slid off the bar and smashed on the foyer floor - 2:00 am wake up call :rolleyes: So when you get there put the "free booze" in the cabinet down below - or perhaps your butler will know where the safest spot is for them. Wasn't a big deal as they did replace them, just a pain in the butt having to deal with it. With the Jade there is only one A2 - but it does have 2 balconies on either side which was great for when it was too windy on one side the other was great. Enjoy

Archived