Question about Belize tender/beach break

Cigar Dude

I assume the beach break that Carnival offers leaves in the morning. It's 4 hours long. We're in Belize for 9 hours. Once back on the ship, is there a tender available to take you to Belize? I'd like to visit the country/town after the excursion.

Thanks.

Your tour will tender ashore. After the tour you can just stay at the tourist village if you wish.

If you want to go back to the ship and clean up/change plan on about 15 minutes for the trip ship to shore (not counting time waiting in line to board the tender).

Charlie

In May - we met in the dining room at 9:15 and by the time we got on the tenders it was after 9:30. The tenders in May took us right to the island - we did not go to the pier. Seems it was around 10 by the time we got to the island. We had to be back on the tender at 1:30 but we had people who were late and actually missed the tender and while we were taking pictures of the island they waved us back and we had to go back for them. They take you back to the ship. I want to say they say they will take you to the the port(they made some announcement) but can't be sure because it was around 2:30 when we got back to the ship and the last tender from the pier was at 3:45 so it really wasn't worth it to us. Take plenty of water with you. This had to be the hottest day we had - someone said it got around 100 degrees and that was in May.

We did the Private Island Beach Break in Belize a couple of years ago on the Miracle. Things may have changed since then, but at that time, there were 2 different times offered for the tour ~ both in the morning, but a couple of hours apart.....one around 9 am and the other around 10:30.

We were picked up right at the ship and tendered straight to the Island. Stayed there for about 4 hours, and then tendered back. We had the choice of being taken back to the ship or to the port area. We chose to go to the ship since we didn't care about seeing the port area.

If the tour doesn't give you the option of being taken to the port, you can still catch a tender from the ship ~ they run the whole time the ship is in port. If 2 times are offered, I would go on the earliest one available so you will have time to do the tour and then still have time to explore the port area.

Your tour will tender ashore. After the tour you can just stay at the tourist village if you wish.

If you want to go back to the ship and clean up/change plan on about 15 minutes for the trip ship to shore (not counting time waiting in line to board the tender).

Charlie

If I understand you correctly, after the tour they will actually take you to the "tourist area" of Belize, and then we can tender back to the ship at our convenience.

Is this correct? If so, that'll work for us! Thanks.

Could someone tell me if there is any shade available on the private island?

I could not stand being in the direct sun for 4 hours......

Yes, there are places where you can get out of the sun. There is an outdoor bar/restaurant with a covered seating area. There are a few trees (not too many). And there are a few little cabana-type huts with benches.

If I understand you correctly, after the tour they will actually take you to the "tourist area" of Belize, and then we can tender back to the ship at our convenience.

Is this correct? If so, that'll work for us! Thanks.

NO this is not correct. We just did this excursion on the Valor last month. You are taken to the island and you have to meet the tender on the dock at 1:30. It takes you directly back to the ship. If you want to go into the town then you have to take another tender from the ship to town. You will arrive back at that ship at approx 2pm once they tender annd dock again. There are no tenders that will bring you back earlier than 1:30 either so you have to plan on staying the full amount of time. :)

Wish I had paid better attention to the announcement but don't worry there will be tenders at the ship to take you over - In looking back over the capers it states that tenders run continuously every 10-15 minutes throughout the day. The only thing it states you must obtain a ticket if you don't have an excursion - you might want to check that out before your excursion and ask someone if you would need to have the ticket in order to get on the tender after your excursion just to save time

• 4 weeks later...

I have been to Belize before and we had to tender....I have read all the postings and they all say they have tendered...HOWEVER...the Carnival website says we are DOCKED in Belize. How can this be???

The waters are so very shallow around Belize.

Should I assume it's a mistake on the Carnival website?

Thanks for your help....

I have been to Belize before and we had to tender....I have read all the postings and they all say they have tendered...HOWEVER...the Carnival website says we are DOCKED in Belize. How can this be???

The waters are so very shallow around Belize.

Should I assume it's a mistake on the Carnival website?

Thanks for your help....

Have heard talk over the past couple of years that one or more of the cruiselines were hoping to dredge the area so ships could dock in Belize in the future.

However, we were in Belize in late November and I didn't see anything going on there to tell me the dredging was going on or that a dock was being built.

I guess it's possible a cruise dock could have been built since December, but I truly think it is doubtful.

For all of you cruisers worrying about the tendering process in Belize, relax and enjoy the ride. It's probably the easiest and most fun tendering you will ever have at any port.

Many of the tenders are actually speed boats and the tendering process is an excursion all on its own. I actually look forward to tendering into Belize and I'm terrified of small boats.

Dianne

Have heard talk over the past couple of years that one or more of the cruiselines were hoping to dredge the area so ships could dock in Belize in the future.

However, we were in Belize in late November and I didn't see anything going on there to tell me the dredging was going on or that a dock was being built.

I guess it's possible a cruise dock could have been built since December, but I truly think it is doubtful.

For all of you cruisers worrying about the tendering process in Belize, relax and enjoy the ride. It's probably the easiest and most fun tendering you will ever have at any port.

Many of the tenders are actually speed boats and the tendering process is an excursion all on its own. I actually look forward to tendering into Belize and I'm terrified of small boats.

Dianne

There is no dock in Belize and won't be for quite some time. I've read that they are in the planning stages but as of yet it's definatly a tendering port. Now as far as it being an easy tendering ride ....if the waters are calm this may be the case but if they are rough like the day we went try to get on one of the larger tender boats and preferably the one that's covered. We went over to Bannister Island on one of those speed type tender boats and it wasn't a thriling ride at all being bounced all over the place :(

There is no dock in Belize and won't be for quite some time. I've read that they are in the planning stages but as of yet it's definatly a tendering port. Now as far as it being an easy tendering ride ....if the waters are calm this may be the case but if they are rough like the day we went try to get on one of the larger tender boats and preferably the one that's covered. We went over to Bannister Island on one of those speed type tender boats and it wasn't a thriling ride at all being bounced all over the place :(
Yup, the ride over is never a smooth one. More like "Yipee-Ki-Yay". We've always enjoyed it though:p

Charlie

Yup, the ride over is never a smooth one. More like "Yipee-Ki-Yay". We've always enjoyed it though:p

Charlie

:eek: Shhhh don't say that lol I was hoping that our experience was strictly weather related and any future stops in Belize would be totally calm weather permitting of course lol I'm a wuss when it comes to things like amusement parks though but someone who enjoys the thrill may love the ride like you mention lol

I just left the private island tour aka Bannister Island on the Carnival Legend.

When departing the tender will stop at the vessel first, then it heads to the city for those who want to see it.

You never have to get off if you dont want to.

I purchased some alcohol and then took another tender back to the Legend.

:eek: Shhhh don't say that lol I was hoping that our experience was strictly weather related and any future stops in Belize would be totally calm weather permitting of course lol I'm a wuss when it comes to things like amusement parks though but someone who enjoys the thrill may love the ride like you mention lol

We've never been to Belize when the weather was the least threatening. Even when the waters are like glass the speedboat tenders have a tendancy to "slap" the water.

Charlie

Could someone tell me if there is any shade available on the private island?

I could not stand being in the direct sun for 4 hours......

I always pack a compact umbrella. I use it more for sun protection than the rain on vacation. :)

Archived