Past Guest Party?

pisces68

Yes, if you have cruised with Carnival at least once before you will be invited to the Past Guest Party. You will receive an invitation, along with a ship's pin, in your cabin which will tell you the day, time and place of the party.

It is a nice little party with free drinks and hor's deouvres, similar to the Captains party, only a lot more casual.

Yes, if you've been on at least one cruise with Carnival you'll get an invitation and pin delivered to your cabin.

I haven't been to one for the last several cruises because they are so crowded anymore but from what I remember......they have free drinks and hors d'ouerves (sp?), there will be a little film about the evolution of Carnival, then they will show all the ships and everyone claps when a ship they've been on comes on the screen (my favorite part!).

Oh....and you don't have to have the drinks they have on the trays. You can order whatever you want.

Agreeing w/the above posters. Nice party, lasts about 45 minutes or so. The History of Carnival film lasts about 10 minutes, and I've seen it many times, enjoying it each time.

The Captain and CD attend; they welcome you back to Carnival, and there's a drawing or two for prizes.

Sometimes the pin is handed to you at the entrance to the party, sometimes delivered w/the invitation.

Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy 'your' party, although it's become so crowded because some past guests squeeze in their guests...not fair.

Enjoy!:)

How do you get a past guest number? We sailed for the first time this summer and will definately do it again! I am just not sure how to go about getting this number. Also, are there other "perks" for past guests?

You are automatically assigned a past guest number when you sail. If you contact Carnival, they can give you your number.

The only other perks, until you reach your 10th cruise, are some special prices on cruises.

Once you reach your 10th cruise you are considered a Platinum guest (VIP) and get some other perks.

Thanks for all the replies. Do families bring their children with them to this party? My daughter, who is also a 'past guest', will be 16. Do you think that would be appropriate?

We've brought our children in the past and they've been bored. They are also teens and would rather be with the other teens. We don't bring them anymore. I would give your DD a choice. She may want to see what it's like.

Other amenities for past guests are that your card will be GOLD this time instead of red/white/blue. You'll also receive a few copies of "Currents" magazine during the year. I think they send out only three now. Your past guest number will be on the label of the magazine. Other than those, you'll just be a funloving passenger until your 10th cruise. Lots of perks when you become Platinum.:)

Agreeing w/the above posters. Nice party, lasts about 45 minutes or so. The History of Carnival film lasts about 10 minutes, and I've seen it many times, enjoying it each time.

The Captain and CD attend; they welcome you back to Carnival, and there's a drawing or two for prizes.

Sometimes the pin is handed to you at the entrance to the party, sometimes delivered w/the invitation.

Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy 'your' party, although it's become so crowded because some past guests squeeze in their guests...not fair.

Enjoy!:)

We've been invited to 2 but haven't gone to either..............the first was on a cruise that was during the Chirstmas/New Year's Eve break.....because of the holiday festivities, they were not able to have the Past Cruise party and sent us an apology letter when it was cancelled...........

The second time, we were not able to bring our guests, and we didn't want to sneak them in, so we chose not to attend.......

Archived