Beach excursions from dock in Belize

Cigar Dude

Are there any excursions that I can catch at the dock in Belize? Do they come and go on an hourly schedule? Trying to find something that is not so confining as the excursion that Carnival offers. I want to have time to visit Belize AND go to a nice beach.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys and gals,

It has been a couple of years since we were in Belize, but at that time there were several trips that could be had from the tenderdock.

Coralbreeze and Fab Tours were there at that time. We booked with Fab and went to Bannister Island. You could include a snorkel trip or just loaf on the island. I heard that Fab now has its own island. Prices ran $25 for the beachbreak and $50 pp for the combined snorkel/beachbreak. The tours ran about 4 hours and left plenty of time for shopping.

Just a few minutes walk from the cruise ship dock, crossing a street, you arrive to another dock where the local boats leave to the islands. Nice beaches at San Pedro Island but I prefer those at Key Caulker.

Within 25-30 mnts ride you arrive there and you can rent an electric cart to move around the island.

This is the cheapest way to go and you will also have time to visit Belize City on the way back, which is anyway not really nice and cleaned and we really felt walking in its streets a little bit unsafed.

Marylee52.

Just a few minutes walk from the cruise ship dock, crossing a street, you arrive to another dock where the local boats leave to the islands. Nice beaches at San Pedro Island but I prefer those at Key Caulker.

Within 25-30 mnts ride you arrive there and you can rent an electric cart to move around the island.

This is the cheapest way to go and you will also have time to visit Belize City on the way back, which is anyway not really nice and cleaned and we really felt walking in its streets a little bit unsafed.

Marylee52.

Do you know what the cost would be per person? Do you have to arrange for enough people to fill up the boat ? Also, how frequently do the boats return from the island to Belize City?

I really don't remember how much exactly the ticket was but more or less about 10/15 Dollars round trip. There are several people taking that boat (locals and tourists) so no problem to fill them. They leave like every 2 hrs from each dock (Belize City and San Pedro or Key Caulker on the way back).

Archived