Magic Fountains in Barcelona?

We'll be stopping in Barcelona for an overnight on Indy in a few weeks. Someone on another thread mentioned that they thought the "Magic Fountains" are turned off right now due to a water shortage.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance!

I was the one in another thread that thought there was a drought. Well we didn't think, my son also read it somewhere. Another poster confirmed with a friend or relative that there was a big drought and no unneccessary water was being used..such as fountains. All the fountains we saw in Barcelona were turned off..totally dry. We didn't see the Magic Fountains, but we assume the same. This was just in July and I don't think a month will make a difference. Anyway, maybe someone else can chime in here and confirm (or not).

I just returned from a 4 days trip to Barcelona. Magic Fountain did work on August 10th. It is a great spectacle.

Metro: Placa Espanya (Green Line, L3) and (Red Line, L1)

Performance times of Magic Fountain:

October to April: Fridays and Saturdays from 19.00 to 21.00 / Music sessions: 19:00 / 19:30 / 20:00 / 20:30

Summer: May to September: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 21:30 to 23:30 pm / Music sessions: 21:30 / 22:00 / 22:30 / 23:00 and 23:30 pm.

The magic fountain does not operate on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the year.

I just returned from a 4 days trip to Barcelona. Magic Fountain did work on August 10th. It is a great spectacle.

Metro: Placa Espanya (Green Line, L3) and (Red Line, L1)

Performance times of Magic Fountain:

October to April: Fridays and Saturdays from 19.00 to 21.00 / Music sessions: 19:00 / 19:30 / 20:00 / 20:30

Summer: May to September: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 21:30 to 23:30 pm / Music sessions: 21:30 / 22:00 / 22:30 / 23:00 and 23:30 pm.

The magic fountain does not operate on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the year.

Thank you so much, we are looking forward to seeing the fountain!

We really enjoyed the fountains but didn't realize (in '02) that it was an hour long. Starting subtley (still gorgeous) they were even more spectacular later (we'd walked around and gotten some ice cream after about 20 minutes and strolling back, caught the finale. You might ask a local (or if anyone knows) if the show is still that long- so you could aim for the 2nd half. We loved Spain, so much to see- we've been back but to the south, so I don't have anything more current for Barcelona. Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

We visited magic fountains on thurs eve - 21 Aug. I think that due to the drought fountains are only switched on for shows which are currently thurs, fri and sat eves i think. Its probably worth searching web to check before you travel.

Excellent show and very popular.;)

Archived