power snorkel

kansas kruiser

• 2 weeks later...

I hven't done the power snorkeling in Nassau, but I have been on several tours where Power snorkeling was offered. Personally I think it is a waste of money. Do the regular snorkeling, it is more fun. With the power snorkeling you are dragged through the water by a small electric motor you hold in your hand. They were designed for scuba divers and for that they work well. On all the snorkeling tours I saw the people using them had no idea what they were doing and expected the motor to do all the work, and ended up holding the scooter so its wake was right in their face. The power snorkel tours and the standard snorkel tours almost always go to the same spots. So if you have any sort of skills snorkeling you will have more fun just snorkeling.

If you want to do something powered underwater, I would recommend the BOB or BOND, "Breathing Observation Bubble" I forget what BOND stands for. But they are a ride on scooter that you drive like an underwater moped. They were offered in Nassau the last time I was there.

• 5 weeks later...

My husband and I are both divers and did a power snorkle excursion in Cozumel last year. Due to a back issue, we were unable to dive. This excursion was a lot of fun. My husband was the only one who used the machine to dive down and "forgot" he wasn't on Scuba and got a mouth full of water. I would recommend this excursion even just to try something new.

My husband and I are both divers and did a power snorkle excursion in Cozumel last year. Due to a back issue, we were unable to dive. This excursion was a lot of fun. My husband was the only one who used the machine to dive down and "forgot" he wasn't on Scuba and got a mouth full of water. I would recommend this excursion even just to try something new.

:cool: Thanks for your input!:) There are a few of us on our cruise that are going to try it! I will report back when we return!:)

Archived