Kid friendly cruise?

mytwokidsmom

We've been thinking about going on the 8 day Freedom western cruise (Presidents week 2009), but we are not sure if this cruise, and ports of Costa Rica & Panama, would be as "kid friendly" as our Glory eastern cruise in 2008.

Does anyone have any experience with this cruise/ports?

Thank you for any info you have!

We did this cruise President's Week in 2007 on Liberty. There were 300 kids on board (much fewer than summer, but plenty for our kids to have company). In Costa Rica we did Carnival's "Caribbean Boat, Train, Bus" excursion and our kids really enjoyed it. In Panama we booked My Friend Mario's "Locks and Day at the Beach" excursion. Again, the kids had a great time. I have pictures posted at http://travel.webshots.com/album/558933896aVbpxD

We did this cruise this past February with our kids, who are 13,9 and 3.

In Costa Rica, my husband and sons did the Off Road 4x4 Military Vehicle excursion through Carnival and really enjoyed it. They were able to go through the rainforest, see some rare frogs, and wildlife, etc. My husband said it was a great tour.

In Panama, we also did the My Friend Mario Locks and Beach tour. They were great. The locks had problems that day, so we did not get so see ships through them, but then they took us to a beach and fed us home made fish, plantains, and gave us plenty of drinks, water and soda and beer. We even stopped for more beer at one point! They also got cookies for the kids!

Even for February vacation, we were surprised with the small amount of kids onboard. BUT that being said, the kids still had plenty of friends and they loved the activities. Because we also went to Cozumel, we were able to get our "beach" days in. Going to Costa Rica was a totally different experience for them.

Catrin

Any ship you go on, you will have a great time and so will the kids. Carnival's kids programs are wonderful!!

I do agree with the above poster about the amount of kids on a President's week cruise, but more kids means more playmates too!!

Enjoy!!

Archived