Port or Strboard for Mexican Riviera on STAR?

alemap

We can't decide which side would be better for a balcony room for a view of land and ports when we come in and dock. Looking at the itinerary, starboard looks ideal, since it goes down the coast on days at sea, then up when we hit ports. But I read that the ship docks port side in Acapulco, I was wondering about the other ports.

Has anyone who has been on this cruise able to help me out? Which side do the ships dock on when they come into the ports, and do you recommend one side over the other?

Thanks for your help!

Pam

I would agree with your decision; that was my logic as well. Our itinerary was Cabo, Mazatlan, PV, then home so being on the port side we had a nice view when approaching each of the ports. Once you are docked or anchored, I think both sides have things to see.

We docked starboard side to the land in Acapulco. The view from the port side would be better, but would be in the sun. For the same reason we prefer the starboard side in Cabo, as it is in the shade most of the day. In Mazatlan the starboard side is to the city, and is quite sunny in the afternoon, but a good place to watch people coming and going from the ship.

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quite understand why the starboard side is better than the port side on the way down to Mexican Riviera. If we are going down the California coastline, would the port (left) side of the ship be closer to land, whereas the starboard (right) side of the ship be facing the ocean? If that is the case, won't you want to be on the port side instead for your days at sea going down? Can someone please point me out in the right direction? (No punt intended)

Thanks.

Here's my thought, Elliet, maybe when going down you are way too far away from land to see any but on the way up, you stick closer to land and therefore, you can see something besides the deep blue. ??? Maybe??

Emi

Archived