Early check in

neverpar

There is early check in with the Pride in Long Beach...that's what I meant, and was wondering if there was early check-in at the POM..but I guess there isn't ..oh well. It was nice having that available in Long Beach.

• 3 weeks later...
There is early check in with the Pride in Long Beach...that's what I meant, and was wondering if there was early check-in at the POM..but I guess there isn't ..oh well. It was nice having that available in Long Beach.

We are sailing on the Pride in just over a month, can you tell me how the early check in works on the Pride? Time, how it works and all that fun stuff.

Thanks so much for the information

Generally they start taking luggage much before they start check-in. Two things... probably better off not to say anything... just give it to a porter and go off on your merry way and when you come back and jump in line. If you tell them they may not let you until you ahve checked in. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to get back to check in. MANY ports are now being told by the Coast Guard that if someone isn't at the port and checking before the hour prior to their cruise they are being left behind. If your departure is at 4:00 be there WELL before 3:00.

10:30 Big_Duck?

Nice! :) :) :)

I never done it at 10;30 but this time we are pushing towards that, but we live in a Monday, our home is like 45 minutes away from the port and with the mad traffic that we always have in Miami most probably we will arrived to the port around 11 am. :)

We've cruised out of POM 3 times since June 2007 and have gotten at the port between 9-9:30 each time. First cruise on the Triumph we walked right in and handed over our docs and got our sail and sign card. We then headed over to the lines which are inside the terminal in the ac and bathrooms are available. Second cruise two months later on the Triumph things were slower so we had to sit on the steps for about 30 minutes. They let people inside the building to use the rest rooms. We then went inside handed over the docs and did the stand in line thing again. The last time we were on the Valor and got to port at 9:30am. Walked in got checked in and were handed our S&S cards and instructed to have a seat in the "blue chairs". We were in the new terminal for that cruise. They do call that early check in and once the area or seats are filled they stop letting people in for "early check in". Getting there early the process is easy and we actually enjoy chatting with the people around us. FLL had the same process with "early check in" as well and blue chairs to wait in.

As soon as you get to the port hand your luggage over to a porter but make sure they know which ship you are sailing in case you are in the wrong area. The earliest we've been on board was on the Valor at 11:15am and the latest was closer to noon on the Triumph :) Hope this helps :)

What's the earliest you can drop your luggage off at a ship? I'd like to get rid of my luggage and then do some sightseeing beforehand, is that possible?

I forgot to answer this but when we checked in for the Valor in July the gal told us that we could wait in the blue chair or go head out and do whatever we wanted since we had our boarding card. We were given boarding group 2 I think it was. I jokingly asked her what there was to do and she said some people actually go out and have breakfast and return closer to 11am. I wouldn't do it but according to her it was an option.

Archived