Will the Super Bowl be televised?

elmojessi

This is a silly question, but I’m planning a cruise for a group of friends and due to everyone’s individual schedule restrictions, we are having a hard time finding an itinerary that works for all of us. I did find that a Feb 1st departure could work for us, however, a few friends INSIST on being in town during the Super Bowl. I think I could sweet talk them into this sailing if they were able to watch the Super Bowl at the Sea Side Theater that they are installing on several of the ships. Does anyone know if it will be broadcasted?

My mom and sis cruised on Destiny (out of San Juan) this year and they even delayed the muster drill so everyone could watch the Super Bowl. So, that should not be a factor for your group. Good luck with the planning!

We cruised a couple of years ago during the Super Bowl. Ir was on a ship without one of the big screens. They did open the back lounge and projected the Super Bowl on a big screen. Also the sports bar and most of the bar TV's had the game one. The had Super Bowl specials on drinks and buckets of beer. The only down side was we were at sea so the signal kept going in and out.

We had a HUGE Superbowl party on the Imagination earlier this year.

Every available public screen (except the main stage...because they did still have shows going on) had the game on it. Carnival put out free "football" food on the Promenade for easy access etc .... it was great!!!

We have watched the Superbowl on three Carnival cruises. On the Conquest in 2003 the game was shown on a Giant screen in the Toulouse-Lautrec lounge. :)

You will be able to watch the game in several venues onboard so relax and enjoy the game.

In 2005 I was cruising on the Spirit during the Super Bowl. They showed the game in the big show lounge. The snacks they served were great and free. The only thing you had to pay for was the liquor (of course). It was one of the best Super Bowl parties I had ever been to.

Unless there is a large home crowd (like the Saints) or a special game, they usually don't do anything special. But there is a sports bar and there might be other TVs set up besides your cabin.

It would have to be on a channel they receive.

Archived