St.Thomas Christmas Eve

wallis7219

Going to be in St.Thomas for Christmas Eve:)

Does anyone have any recommedations for places to vist on the island?

We dont just want to lounge on a beach all day would like to explore, but not swimming or diving as neither of us are very good swimmers.

I have noticed a Lot of the Ships own tours end in Charlotte Amalie for Shopping, but you have to make your own way back to the Ship.

Will the shops be closing early on Christmas Eve? How easy is it to get back to the Cruise Ship Pier from this area? Is the Shopping any good?

Let me know

Thanks

G

You can do beach time and an island tour. Stores will be open regular hours on Christmas Eve. It is very easy to get a taxi from Charlotte Amalie to the ships, there are usually a bunch of taxis driving around asking everyone if they need to go back to the ship :). STT is known for its shopping... a lot of jewerly stores, good deals on alcohol, some clothing, electronics, linens, crystals, souvenirs, art...

--Islander

We are on St Thomas on Christmas day and were worried everything would be closed but I emailed Papa Bear about excursions that day and asked about shops etc being open this is what they said in reply

Whenever cruise ships are in port, the stores will be open.

So that should also answer your question about Christmas Eve. They will also have to cater for visitors staying in hotels on the island.

Archived