Hotel/Resort Cabo San Lucas Free for Cruise Passengers

secretv2

Sorry, but free is not going to happen in Cabo. Because Cabo is generally newer, almost all the resorts on Medano Beach are timeshare and typically do not allow cruise passengers to homestead in order to protect the value to their timeshare owners. It is possible you may get lucky if the resort is fairly empty but it would be pretty doubtfull.

The ME (aka: Melia) on Medano Beach is said to allow cruisers to buy a day pass to use the facilities. It serves as a credit to your food/bar tab so that's as close to free as you are going to get.

Here's an email from the ME dated 7/6:

We do offer day passes the cost 35usd for person, children same price!

The 35usd you can use them for food and beverage at our facilities, we

give you the towels and you can use our pool! Let me know if you have

any more questions!

In checking the website I notice there are two hotels the Melia and the ME, the one referenced for the day pass is the ME - The other one appears to be further from town.

Sounds like a good idea to me and looks to be a very nice place.

In checking the website I notice there are two hotels the Melia and the ME, the one referenced for the day pass is the ME - The other one appears to be further from town.

Sounds like a good idea to me and looks to be a very nice place.

Originally there were 2 Melia's. One was the Melia San Lucas on Medano Beach (now called the ME). The other is the Melia Cabo Real and it is out on the corridor. Cruise passengers use the ME on Medano Beach. Understand that they do cater to a younger crowd so those looking for a peaceful environment may have a difficult time. The ME is party central on Medano Beach during the Spring Break months.

Here is a link that will allow you to read reviews on the ME from TripAdvisor. It currently ranks 31 of 59 resorts in the Cabo San Lucas area. That means it is probably good for a day trip but I would be cautious about planning a weeks vacation there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152515-d154394-Reviews-ME_Cabo-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html#MIDC

I inquired about a day pass at the ME and received an email reply on August 2 stating that they charge $60.00 per person. A big jump from $35.00!

Not sure where you're sending your inquires to, but I contacted the hotel again and they confirmed that the price was $35. Between now and October, it's supposed to be $20. For anyone who's interested, here's their email address:

guestservice@mebymeliacabo.com

ME bases their day passes on the season or how booked they are. Meaning the day passes prices vary. Some might go in high season and pay $60 pp and while other go in a lower season and only pay $30.

Archived