Greetings from MSC Opera

Downdie

Hi all MSC thread users:

Just like to say Hi from the deck of the MSC Opera docked here in Barcelona.

Cruise just marvellous,service great even to Americans,food is very good and entertainment top class.

Will post again when I get home

Alan.

Really delighted for you although as envious as "a warm place" :-)

Lookinmg forward to hearing the complete experience one you have time - although no doubt you would wish to continue on and on with Opera!!

Best wishes

• 4 weeks later...

Alan - Have read the review on C.T. today! Really pleased that you are now a fully paid up member of the most Exclusive Club of happy MSC passengers!!

Was sorry to learn that you had to curtail the holiday and extend to you my sincere condolences on your sad loss.

Barry

Hi Barry:

Thank you for your kind words, it was a sad ending to our trip.

However I am now firmly ensconced in the pro-MSC side now.

My trip almost echoed bdintertechs, a great Transatlantic flight, 7h55m Vancouver - Glasgow on Zoom's 767-300ER, five days in Scotland with family and friends, then Easyjet and Ryanair to Genoa to stay at the hotel Agnello D'Oro ( a short review of which I've given to reader2 on another thread).

A full day spent sightseeing in Genoa, lots of historical sights to see and churches to visit, although there is no real sightseeing bus tour available as Genoa doesn't appear to be a real tourist attraction. We found really good and reasonable little local restaurants that featured good seafood and pasta and pesto in the old town, very reasonable too.

MSC has embarkation and disembarkation down to a T,no problems with either. In fact wwwmarge will be glad to know that we disembarked around 09.30, cabbed it to the Stazione Principe, had no problem getting a train to the Cinque Terre, and were sitting in our B&B in Manorola by 13.00.

As I outlined in my review the cruise on the Opera was excellent, Good food, service and entertainment with no problems that I could see. As usual there were a few moaners, but as they spoke English like me, I'll let you guess where they were from. Just let's say that I fully endorse everything bdintertech said in his review and hope that there are not too many changes before your trip in April. Despite the sad ending to our trip we would return in a minute.

Alan

• 2 months later...

Downdie:

Sure am happy about that 09.30. We are booking the 10:52 to Rome on-line and looks like we shouldn't have any worries. Going now to read your report. Thanks again, Marge

MSC has embarkation and disembarkation down to a T,no problems with either. In fact wwwmarge will be glad to know that we disembarked around 09.30, cabbed it to the Stazione Principe, had no problem getting a train

Archived