Non Suite Room Service Questions

PoseidonGodoftheSea

I'm still trying to decide if I want to sail on the Star Princess next year. Can someone tell me if you can get hot breakfast for room service along with lunch/dinner from the dining room? Also, what is the rest of the room service being offered, like the middle of the night? And last, is room service breakfast available on disembarkation day like it is on Holland America?

If someone can post actual sample menus, that would be better yet.

Thanks.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to sail on the Star Princess next year. Can someone tell me if you can get hot breakfast for room service along with lunch/dinner from the dining room? Also, what is the rest of the room service being offered, like the middle of the night? And last, is room service breakfast available on disembarkation day like it is on Holland America?

If someone can post actual sample menus, that would be better yet.

Thanks.

Unless you are booked into a Full Suite, room service menus are limited. (continental breakfast in the AM and sanwiches the rest of the day)

Again only Suites cann order room service from the dining room menus.

Also no room service on the last day.

Unless you are booked into a Full Suite, room service menus are limited. (continental breakfast in the AM and sanwiches the rest of the day)

Again only Suites cann order room service from the dining room menus.

Also no room service on the last day.

So if you are in suite, you can actually get whatever they're serving in the dining room that night? And wine and drinks?

We're celebrating our 30th anniversary on the Crown in October and DH decided to splurge on a suite. Mostly I can't wait to relax on the nice teak balcony chairs :-)

This is the one area where Princess severely fails to deliver.

I so agree here, it is the one thing I wish Princess would reinstate like it used to be. It seems that when they began their Ultimate Balcony Meals, they stopped the full service room service. Or was that so more would book the full suites to recieve this benefit? Not sure which, maybe a combination of the two.

But we still miss this extra.

May be with an extra $20x(#of days in the cruise) per cabin, say $140 for 7-days that covers all 3 meals? I think even at that there may be many takers.

I so agree here, it is the one thing I wish Princess would reinstate like it used to be. It seems that when they began their Ultimate Balcony Meals, they stopped the full service room service. Or was that so more would book the full suites to recieve this benefit? Not sure which, maybe a combination of the two.

A cabin steward (remember when the stewards would actually take orders and help make deliveries...sigh) told me that this was a change forced by Carnival corporate masters. They cut the hotel staff down so those who are left have to take care of more cabins and the stewards can't (are not allowed) do the things they used to. It's only different on a couple of the older Sun-class ships any more, and even then I'm not so sure if that's true today. My guess is that cutting hotel and food service positions makes more room for revenue-generating people like spa staff.

You can also order the "champagne breakfast" that comes with lots of goodies and a split of champagne for $30.00 for 2 people. Actually, there is enough food for 3-4.

Looking at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/gifts/culinary_delights/index.jsp - presumably that's only if you have a balcony?

And what are the goodies? Sounds nice, but we have no balcony. :(

4 courses:fruit medley w/fresh berries, basket of fresh pastries, cold smoked salmon, and quiche lorraine (w/swiss cheese and bacon). Also the 1/2 bottle of french champagne, all for $28.00 for 2 people. You don't need to be in a balcony (or higher) to order this. I've heard that you can substitute items like eggs benedict or ham and cheese omelette for the quiche. Enjoy!

Archived