Anyone off the Fantasy Today?

Top-Cat

OK, is anybody back today?? I did read about the lady who was not happy with the kids on the boat and the food. I have been on the Fantasy and the food was fine. I guess I am more interested in what happened at the port. Lines?? Enough parking and lines into the parkingn deck?? What time did you arrive? What time did you make it on board? What time did the ship leave?

Any other helpful tips. Never ported at Mobile yet. Our Conquest cruise was rerouted from NO to Gulfport a few years ago and it was a breeze. Wonder why they don't use Gulfport? Unless it is gone after katrina?

We were on the April 28th - May 3rd sailing. Boarding was a snap, debarking was like getting onto a ride at Disney World. Such is usually the case on cruises, and the larger the ship the longer the process, so Fantasy is mid-level on the misery scale. If you can, schedule your trip so you have lots of time after debarkation before you have to be anywhere else. Then, do not pay any attention when they call your number. The crew wants to get you into a line and out of their way regardless of whether customs is ready to process you. Some posters on these boards recommend waiting until they call your name and say you have fifteen minutes to get off the ship. I am not that extreme, but I will never again jump and run when they call my number, even if I do want to get headed home.

OK, is anybody back today?? I did read about the lady who was not happy with the kids on the boat and the food. I have been on the Fantasy and the food was fine. I guess I am more interested in what happened at the port. Lines?? Enough parking and lines into the parkingn deck?? What time did you arrive? What time did you make it on board? What time did the ship leave?

Any other helpful tips. Never ported at Mobile yet. Our Conquest cruise was rerouted from NO to Gulfport a few years ago and it was a breeze. Wonder why they don't use Gulfport? Unless it is gone after katrina?

OK, this time I have your questions in front of me. We sailed from NOLA on Fantasy, but we have been on Holiday twice, so we are familiar with the Mobile port. There could be a parking issue, since there are now two ships there. We were boarding and debarking with about two-thirds as many "competitors" as you will be contending with, but we found it the fastest of the ports we have tried, Miami, Port Canaveral and New Orleans being the others. From back of the line to lido buffet was less than 30 minutes both times. Debarkation was also unusually fast, but I would not expect that with the 2,200-passengers that will be leaving the Fantasy.

Archived