Jacksonville Port???

Rocky2006

Can anyone tell me what the Jacksonville Port is like?

Thanks!! :cool::cool:

Sure. It's a very nice and simple port since it only services one ship. Right now, it's taking a break until Sept 20 when the Facination takes over the old Celebration route. When you get to the port, you pass a security check point where you must show your boarding pass and ID. Parking is plentiful. We usually carry our bags on, but checking them is an easy option.

There is a VIP lounge just on the other side of the x-ray point. It is small but nice and comfy. The rest of the building is open. The staff is mainly older folks that have reached retirement age but still want to work a few days a week. For the most part, all are very friendly and helpful.

When you are up to board the ship, they take your boarding pic, then your S&S pic before you go out the door. Head up a large ramp and there you are! I've sailed many times out of JAX, so if you have any other questions, let me know!

• 1 month later...

We sailed from Jacksonville on the Celebration in 2005. Small, and easy is how I would call it...............very organized, got there at 11 am, dropped off the luggage, parked the car, checked in, and were on the ship by 12:10.......

We left the A/C in the on position so that when we got back, we started the car from the ship and the car was nice and cool for us to head out for home.

dondon55

foxboro MA

Archived