rolling garment bags????

tlovesdis

Does anyone have one of these?

I'm just wondering how much they hold? We are on NCL, so nothing too fancy, but I will have 5 dresses and hubby will have probably 2 pairs of nice pants and shirts. Just wondering if everything would fit in one of these?

Thanks!

Depends on which one you purchase. I have an Atlantic that is thicker than a generic one my husband has. You can get a lot in them. Put your clothes in drycleaner bags and they will not wrinkle.

We use 1 also, in addition to our other bags. DH suit, shirts and my formal wear and other things go in there. Lots of room and like the extra pockets above where the hangers go. I keep ever piece in a plastic bag and will also add some tissue paper if needed. (I go crazy with the tissue paper ;) ). I also leave my clothes on the huggable hangers as they take up little room, or use the wire ones from the cleaners.

I bought a Travel Pro one that when open is seven inches deep - it was the biggest on the market and I don't think they make it anymore. It can hold: my husbands tux and dinner jacket, 4 formals, 5 cocktail dresses, a couple of regular dresses, and my husbands suit - enough for a 4 week cruise.

We use 1 also, in addition to our other bags. DH suit, shirts and my formal wear and other things go in there. Lots of room and like the extra pockets above where the hangers go. I keep ever piece in a plastic bag and will also add some tissue paper if needed. (I go crazy with the tissue paper ;) ). I also leave my clothes on the huggable hangers as they take up little room, or use the wire ones from the cleaners.

Thanks for the idea about the huggable hangers. Most of my items are packed on the wire ones from the cleaners/dry cleaning bags. I also save those foam stretchy covers that the cleaners put over the wire hangers when sending back sweaters or thin strap gowns to keep the items from slipping off. But I do recycle my hangers back to the cleaners so sometimes when I am packing, I find that I do not have enough wire ones. Never even thought about huggable hangers. Don't they also make clips for the huggable hangers so that you can attach skirts to the hanger? I'll have to stop by Linens N Things and check them out.

Thanks for the idea about the huggable hangers. Most of my items are packed on the wire ones from the cleaners/dry cleaning bags. I also save those foam stretchy covers that the cleaners put over the wire hangers when sending back sweaters or thin strap gowns to keep the items from slipping off. But I do recycle my hangers back to the cleaners so sometimes when I am packing, I find that I do not have enough wire ones. Never even thought about huggable hangers. Don't they also make clips for the huggable hangers so that you can attach skirts to the hanger? I'll have to stop by Linens N Things and check them out.

Yes, they make the clippies to attach. They are also at Bed, Bath and Beyond (great if you have one of the 20% off coupons) and also at Target. I got the clips and also a few over the door hangers from Target - helps with the packing. I have redo most of my clothes on these and love them - takes up a lot less room :)

We have one made by Hays and have fit 3 long formals, 3 "regular" dresses, one suit, one sports jacket and four dress shirts. I also tuck as many shoes as I can into the sides!! One thing I've started doing is putting as many dresses on one hanger as I can with the one most likely to wrinkle on the outside.

Rolling garment bags typically don't hold as much as a suitcase and the downside is they can be quite heavy. But it really depends on the size you buy, we have them all the way from 22" carry on to 52" (unfolded and unzipped) huge 2 sided bags.

If you pack very lightweight fabrics, they actually work very well. My husband and I pack one large garment bag and one suitcase, plus one carry on. He prefers all his shirts and slacks to be on hangers, so we got him the 2 sided edition: http://www.tumi.com/alpha/long-wheeled-garment-bag/ (Fortunately I work at a luggage store and bought this on an employee appreciation day :eek: ). There are other brands out there that carry the same type of bag.

I also have a non-rolling garment bag that holds more than a typical suitcase and weighs so much less since it has no wheels or telescoping handle. We're considering taking these two along on our Med cruise and just attaching one to the other. I have a rolling carry on, a 20", so I can handle both carry ons while DH rolls the larger pieces.

I have a Delsy rolling garment bag and have been very pleased with all that it can hold. There are a lot of areas were you can pack additional items. I also use a packaging cube and place it in the end of the garment bag for even extra storage. Can easily go for a week with just the garment bag and a small rolling carry on bag.

We took 2 of these on an Alaskan cruise and only 1 other bag for 3 adults. Ours are Samsonite. Everything fits nicely, including shoes. Suit and dress shirts stayed beautifully. Now, when I travel on business that's what I take--much easier than a regular bag.

On the ship they fit well into storage.

We have a Delsey Helium rolling garment bag, and it holds quite a bit. We had two men's suits, men's sportscoat, a boy's suit, all the shirts and ties for the above, men's slacks, my two formal outfits, my formal shoes, bags, and wraps, plus DH's dress shoes, socks and DS's dress shoes and sock, plus some of DH's khaki pants.

We have a Delsey Helium rolling garment bag, and it holds quite a bit. We had two men's suits, men's sportscoat, a boy's suit, all the shirts and ties for the above, men's slacks, my two formal outfits, my formal shoes, bags, and wraps, plus DH's dress shoes, socks and DS's dress shoes and sock, plus some of DH's khaki pants.

were you flying? It sounds like you must have gone way over the 50 lb. limit. I just flew using my garment bag and came in a little under the limit and I didn't have nearly the amount of things you were carrying.

Archived