Dublin Hotel

Nymue

I have been to Dublin a few times and although I haven't stayed at these hotels, they are generally regarded as being pretty good:

Merrion

Shellbourne

Butlers Townhouse

Jurys hotels are generally OK -

It can be quite noisy around the Temple Bar area as it is a popular tourist spot.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Dublin?

Thanks,

Anne

Check out Harrington Hall (TripAdvisor)..it short ways from Grafton Street,the Park etc...nice walk,quiet area and really charming.Would stay there again.

Please check out Hotel Number 31 if you want something different, I can guarantee it's well worth it! Cosy rooms, great service, so friendly and fantastic breakfasts! We love the 'sunken' sitting room with the open fire. It's near St Stephens Green and in a lovely part of town! Enjoy!

I remember trying to book Number 31 but they were full.

A friend and I did stay at Trinity College - not a highlight of the trip (but at least I can say I've stayed there!), tiny room, minuscule bathroom (smaller than the small bathrooms on some ships I've been on), no TV (not even a student lounge in our building), breakfast in the "canteen", lug the cases up 3 flights, and not particularly cheap.

A great hotel I would recommend in Dublin is Clontarf Castle. It's close to Dublin airport and only a short bus ride into the city . The Trinity Capital is also grand and it's only a short walk from the hotel to Trinity College.

We had a very pleasant stay at Clontarf also!

I notice you are from Bangor, Sarah. I used to holiday there with my parents when we lived in Lisburn many moons ago!

Gosh shining gem , it's a small world :D We love staying at the Clontarf Castle. We are going to stay there over night in September when we meet up with our friends from Las Vegas who are coming to Dublin for the day when Jewel of the Seas docks in Dubiln for the day .

Archived