Next Cruise Question

Can you use a Next Cruise booking on Celebrity or is it confined to Royal?

Thanks

If you booked a NextCruise booking on RCI then it must be used on an RCI sailing.

You can book a Celebrity Passage on an RCI ship.........then it can be used for a Celebrity cruise.

Wow, two totally different answers.

No, we gave you the same answers...............when you book a NextCruise on either RCI/Celebrity you must tell them at the time of booking which ship you want to use it for. RCI calls it NextCruise...........Celebrity calls it Celebrity Passage.

RCI bases their OBC's on length of cruise................Celebrity bases their OBCs on total cruise fare.

If you currently have a NextCruise booking number.............then you must book a cruise on RCI.

No, we gave you the same answers...............when you book a NextCruise on either RCI/Celebrity you must tell them at the time of booking which ship you want to use it for. RCI calls it NextCruise...........Celebrity calls it Celebrity Passage.

RCI bases their OBC's on length of cruise................Celebrity bases their OBCs on total cruise fare.

If you currently have a NextCruise booking number.............then you must book a cruise on RCI.

I believe what both Jim and Patty..........and Cruisinfanatic are saying, is at the time of getting a new booking number for a future cruise......even if you don't know the ship or date............you must specify whether it will be for Celebrity or RCI..............as different numbers are used and are not interchangeable.

Rick

I believe what both Jim and Patty..........and Cruisinfanatic are saying, is at the time of getting a new booking number for a future cruise......even if you don't know the ship or date............you must specify whether it will be for Celebrity or RCI..............as different numbers are used and are not interchangeable.

Rick

Thanks for the clarification.

Rick

I thought that's what I said!:o:p

What is Next Cruise and what are the benefits/pitfalls.

Thanks

:)

Benefits...........NextCruise bookings are good forever..........your initial deposit is $100pp.........and you don't have to commit to a specific cruise at the time of booking. They can only be booked while on a ship and do not become active until you have assigned a specific sailing to it and paid the full deposit less your NC deposit.

OBC's would then be assigned to your NC booking when it has become active and will be determined by the length of the cruise.

Pitfalls............if you don't use it, then you would lose your initial deposit..............and at least one name on the initial booking must be booked when the NC is changed into a specific booking..........AND.........if a C&A coupon becomes available then you must decided on either the $$$ off your cruise or the OBC that you will receive while on the cruise. RCI now says (as of 7/31/08) you can only combine one offer (C&A Savings Certificates/OBC earned from booking a NC or any cruise while on a ship) with any and all benefits (Redeeming Visa Points, Shareholders OBC, C&A Balcony Discounts for P/D/D+ members).

Hi Patty, I understood what you meant but I guess that is because I have read so many of these threads. I am planning on booking one for both Celebrity and RCCL when I am on the Explorer next month. Hopefully the LA won't mess anything up. As far as the offer/benefit thing I am still waiting to hear from my TA on that for my May sailing which is a NC booking. I will let you know how it works out for me trying to apply the C&A coupon. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Patty, I understood what you meant but I guess that is because I have read so many of these threads. I am planning on booking one for both Celebrity and RCCL when I am on the Explorer next month. Hopefully the LA won't mess anything up. As far as the offer/benefit thing I am still waiting to hear from my TA on that for my May sailing which is a NC booking. I will let you know how it works out for me trying to apply the C&A coupon. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Rosie............I know what you mean. I dream about NC bookings sometimes.:eek:

Let us know what happens with the C&A coupon.

Have a great cruise on Explorer.

Archived