Getting from Miami Airport to Port...

rainbowbeach

Due to United no longer flying into Fort Lauderdale, I was forced to fly into Miami. So, I researched this and found the following:

Taxi: $100.00 plus one way

Super Shuttle: $80.00 one way per person

Rental Car: $60.00 for day, plus a $25.00 drop off fee for one way same day drop off? I didn't understand that but what ever?

Princess bus transfer from Air Port: $50.00 round trip per person round trip.

We chose the Princess transfer because we will already be there and it's easier for us.

Due to United no longer flying into Fort Lauderdale, I was forced to fly into Miami. So, I researched this and found the following:

Taxi: $100.00 plus one way

Super Shuttle: $80.00 one way per person

Rental Car: $60.00 for day, plus a $25.00 drop off fee for one way same day drop off? I didn't understand that but what ever?

Princess bus transfer from Air Port: $50.00 round trip per person round trip.

We chose the Princess transfer because we will already be there and it's easier for us.

I don't know where you got your rates, but the shuttle price from MIA to FLL is $14 to $16/PP and there is never a drop off charge for rental cars between MIA and FLL. Also, a car does not have to cost $60. And a taxi will not cost $100.

I don't know where you got your rates, but the shuttle price from MIA to FLL is $14 to $16/PP and there is never a drop off charge for rental cars between MIA and FLL. Also, a car does not have to cost $60. And a taxi will not cost $100.

I called from California... so I didn't have good resources but that's what the 800 # of the rental company told me? As for the cab, I called and asked the hotel? Maybe they were full of you know what?

We usually drive from home -- which is about 15 miles south of the airport -- if we're sailing out of Port Everglades, but we have taken a limo instead, at a cost of about $60 one way (plus tip). $100 sounds too high for a cab from the airport.

Archived