Roll Call- Gay NJ Cruisers

Fidel2Cruise

Hi There Mel!!

Our Med trip is creeping up on us....slowly but surely!! We've had the reservation since September 2007....and back then it seemed like forever! Now, the closer we get, the further away it feels!! We do have a pretty cool itinerary.....starting off in Barcelona, going to Malta, Rome, Naples, Pompeii, and Nice, France. We're pretty stoked!

Sube....I think we've just been spoiled by Royal. We sailed the Inspiration...and we experienced an overall rudeness of passengers. I love children....but alot of them were terribly misbehaved....and their parents had no problems allowing them to run rampant all over the ship. They put their hands in the buffet food....took food from their plates and put it back into the chafing dishes....the pool was too small for the amount of people and at times you couldn't even see the bottom because there were so many people in it. It really looked like a safety hazzard. Some parents bought their children pool floats and inner tubes while in Cozumel and allowed them to play with them in the pool. I was hit a few times by empty beer cans from the young men who were shotgunning beer at the bar and then playing soccer with the empty cans. I could go on.....but I won't. I know there are die hard Carnival fans out there.....and I respect that. It felt like the Carnival staff had either completely lost control of or simply didn't care about the behavior of their passengers. Perhaps this was an isolated incident.....but T and I just feel that if we're going to spend our money on a cruise....from now on, it's going to be a line we're familiar with. We had no problems being a couple on board....and we felt safe in that aspect....we just don't think Carnival is our cup of tea.

We are up for a Jersey Cruiser meet and greet!! Fidel and George, we email you soon!! Have a great day everyone!! :)

Hey there,

Your itin looks fantastic!! I have always wanted to visit Malta too!!

Our med cruise next year is on the new Carnival Dream, lol, we do like Carnival...Re the children I do understand what you said, though I have not come across that I have heard that if you sail in the summer it is more evident..We actually book based on price and itinerary. We took princess in the summer to Alaska, and loved the ship and service, but honestly for the most part felt the food better on Carnival. We are anxious though to try other lines. In fact this morning my partner was drooling over a NCL itin for January to Turkey/Greece and Eygpt....lol..maybe I need to push her a little more.......

Anyways a get together sounds like a great plan

Mel....who was wishing she was on ship right now!!

Hi Mel!!

I think if we changed around the times that we actually do cruise, perhaps our experience would be better....maybe...LOL. You are right in the sense that Carnival's food is awesome! We did love the food....but that's about it. We are anxious to try NCL's food this time around. We enjoyed the steak house, and the LeBistro on the Sun 3 years ago....this will only be our second NCL cruise. But again, we really, really, really dig Royal. In fact, we made a promise to ourselves NOT to go on another cruise until 2010 when we book Oasis.....but something tells me we're going to end up doing EOS out of Bayonne again this summer....just to do Bermuda for a quick getaway!! I don't know.....we always seem to promise ourselves....and we are NEVER able to hold out! I think it also depends on how much money we spend on this Med cruise too.....we may break the bank on this one.....and with the market dropping over 700 points today....we can only live in denial for so long before we have to really start socking money away for a rainy day....that may come sooner rather than later!!!

What county do you guys live in? We're from Monmouth.....but I work in Essex. Hope to hear from you soon!! :)

Hey Guys - Also in Bergen county here...

I go on a few crusies a year... Some by myself some with friends..

I would love to meet some people though in the area who do as well..

I plan on going on one out of New York this winter... I have not planned one yet... Open to ideas..

Ryan

Hello eveyone, My wife and I love to cruise we just booked our 5th cruise on Sunday with 4 other friends (gay guys). We like Princess & Royal equally if you put them both together you would get the perfect cruise line IMO :D But we do want to experience others out there maybe in 2011 since we're already looking to book on Oasis for 2010 :D

Back in March my wife and I did our Civil Union we had a big wedding with 100 guest, we did EOS for our honeymoon out of Bayonne. What a great time!!! We like to do a Princess one year and Royal the next. The first time we cruised we loved it so much that we went on another small one 4 months later for my Big 30!

Anyone care to join us on our next adventure May 24, 2009 (Memorial Day Week) on the Caribbean Princess for 9 wonderful nights :D

Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Take care,

Hi Jess!

My wife and I are from Monmouth County....we also had a civil ceremony back in August 2007 at Merri-Makers in Sea Bright. We invited our family on our honeymoon with us....and sailed on AOS out of San Juan. We've also done the EOS itinerary out of Bayonne and loved it. In fact, we're hoping to do it again next year for a quick getaway. Our cruise agent sent us the brochure for Oasis...it looks amazing and that's something we're doing in 2010 as well.

We're leaving two weeks from today for a Western Med cruise on NCL....and while we're excited to be going.....and we're looking forward to the itinerary, our hearts will always be with Royal!

Have a great day! :)

Hey Jess

Welcome to the thread.

Good to see the thread still going strong.

Thanks cruisinfool glad to hear people are still out there :D

Hey JandT nice to see that you were on the EOS too what a great ship she is. It is so convenient to have a cruise port so close to home. I'm sure we'll be on her again in the near future :) Maybe you'll book Oasis with us for 2010 ;) Enjoy your up coming cruise would love to hear your review on NCL...Bon voyage

alohababy, Hawaii to Tahiti that's awesome another place I want to visit :D Will you be on the Tahitian Princess? I've been on the Golden and Caribbean.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Hey JandT nice to see that you were on the EOS too what a great ship she is. It is so convenient to have a cruise port so close to home. I'm sure we'll be on her again in the near future :) Maybe you'll book Oasis with us for 2010 ;) Enjoy your up coming cruise would love to hear your review on NCL...Bon voyage

Booking Oasis is probably going to be our next cruise in 2010. I think we're going to have to take a year off and catch up on finances before we travel again....which is VERY disappointing for us. We go back and forth between doing EOS again for a quick trip next summer....and just holding off until we hop on Oasis....so, we'll see about that. Maybe we'll do Oasis for our 3rd wedding anniversary.....LOL

As for a review for NCL....absolutely. I'll write one when we get back....we've only got a week....and these seven days are passing sooooooo slowly!!

Have a great day!!! :)

Jess...

did you guys get married local or on a cruise?

We got married local we did the cruise as our honeymoon the EOS out of Bayonne :D One of our bestfriend became an ordained minister and was the one who married us. We had our ceremony and reception in the same place as they had a separate room for the ceremony it worked out great for us. You can check the place out at www dot thewestwood dot com.

Any other questions do not hesitate to ask ;)

Hi Jess!

I've been checking back as well periodically to see if anyone has posted anything else.....

We'll be enroute to Barcelona in no time for our NCL Western Med cruise. We've been waiting for this one since 9/07....so we're so excited it's finally here!!

I'll be posting our experiences when we return. Until then, here's hoping everyone has a great week!!

Hi Jess!

I've been checking back as well periodically to see if anyone has posted anything else.....

We'll be enroute to Barcelona in no time for our NCL Western Med cruise. We've been waiting for this one since 9/07....so we're so excited it's finally here!!

I'll be posting our experiences when we return. Until then, here's hoping everyone has a great week!!

Have a great time ~ Can't wait to hear all about it :) The Gem looks like a beautiful ship I'm sure it'll be awesome :D

Bon Voyage!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All-

Larry and Jerry here. We've been cruising since 1980, die hard Cunarders until more recently. We like Oceania and HAL as well. We've always believed the best part of cruising comes from the friends one makes, both on the cruise and talking about cruising with others before and after. We travel now with another couple from London we met on the QE2 Holiday cruise from New York the year of the infamous refit (1991 I think). Anyway, I think it's great that there is a local group. We'd enjoy a get together sometime.

Wishing you all smooth sailing through the Holidays and into the Next Year.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone from NJ considering the 2009 Repositioning NYC - San Juan October 2009. Eight days this year picking up Bermuda for the extra day, St. Kitts, Antigua and St. Thomas. We just did the repo this year and it was a great cruise.

Also for anyone considering the Chumley's Bear cruise the cruise is switching to Costa this year on the Atlantica out of Ft. Lauderdale sailing November 14th.

We did the Chumley cruise this year for the first time and really had a a great time. Nice group of guys. Think about 250 sailed this year.

Archived