to joanneandfred re: wine on board

I saw your response about bringing wine on board the Mariner. No flames please....we like good wines and always bring wine with us to consume in our room. We brought 6 bottles with us and had no problems, comments or issues. Our cabin steward always keep an extra ice bucket in the room for any white wine we were chilling. We even brought a glass of wine to dinner every night and even into Vintages (the wine bar) and no comments were made. We did purchase two bottles of wine while on board as well. Suffice it to say we ended up brining home 2 of the bottles we brought with us.

It was explained to us by the Wine Tenders in Vinatages that they must carry wines that can be consumed/sold by the glass. Generally Americans know their wines and they know the costs. It is easier for them to "mark up" a $12.00 bottle of wine than a $40.00 bottle of wine, therefore you will find more "common wines" in Vintages. We were able to find good wines like Jordan, Shafer, and Cakebread, but they were marked up significantly.

We still managed just nicely! My advice: Bring 4-5 bottles of your favorite wines in your carry on...buy another bottle or two on board and enjoy!

That is wonderful! I am on the Mariner on May 2nd and was thinking of doing the same thing.

I have some special bottles that I have been saving for and this trip seems like the perfect occasion providing it is not going cause a hassle.

We need a Holiday...

my travel pics

[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnemaynard"]http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnemaynard[/url]

Archived