Crown Princess B201 &205

JHol

We have booked 2 cabins on Crown Princess and have been given Baja deck 201 and 205.We know these cabins are next to each other but can the balconies be opened up to make a larger balcony? Are the balconies covered and how big are they? Are they quiet rooms?

Any info gratefully received.

Janet

Janet, did you choose those rooms specifically or were they assigned to you? The reason I ask is that they are two (out of four) of the lowest category balcony rooms (BG). Since they are so few in number, the cruiseline likes to have them 'available' for the future cruisers to book and your chances for an upgrade to a higher grade balcony (more midships and/or higher deck) are quite good, even though this is a holiday sailing. Did you need to have two adjacent balcony rooms?

Janet, did you choose those rooms specifically or were they assigned to you? The reason I ask is that they are two (out of four) of the lowest category balcony rooms (BG). Since they are so few in number, the cruiseline likes to have them 'available' for the future cruisers to book and your chances for an upgrade to a higher grade balcony (more midships and/or higher deck) are quite good, even though this is a holiday sailing. Did you need to have two adjacent balcony rooms?

We were assigned these cabins, we weren't given a choice, we do want to have adjoining cabins if possible but if there was a chance of upgrade I suppose we could re-think. I would have preferred a cabin with a more open balcony, as I believe these are entirely covered. Which cabins would be a good choice if we were given one?

Janet

Hello! I was just looking at these cabins. I'm planning my honeymoon for summer 2009 on the crown princess (British Isles). I'm looking for a private balcony...considering these are covered would you say they are private?

Thanks

Joanna

Sorry for the delay in responding--Janet, you need to decide if adjoining balconies is more important than a better location or an upgrade. IF you want to re-think it, ask your TA to mark your booking "will accept upgrade". Chances are pretty good that you would be moved to a better location, but perhaps not near each other, probably a BC or BD after final payment. From your description it sounds to me as if she booked you into those specific rooms rather than a GTY booking; and she probably did that because you said you wanted adjoining balconies.

The cover is pretty high up, you won't feel closed in at all, but it does keep most of the rain off you. Don't worry about feeling closed in, regardless of the balcony location.

Joanna, there really is no truly private balcony, although the most private are the aft BB or the Emerald deck minisuites. But even these cabins have neighbors, and anyone in the next cabin standing at the rail can look to the side and see your balcony. The great majority of balconies are visible to folks from above and/or below, not to mention the watch officer on the bridge.

Archived