Liberty of the Seas - Review Blog - Finally LIVE!

cullinp

Hi everyone.

My DW and I took a cruise on Liberty last November for our honeymoon. It was the most fantastic vacation and we're booked on Freedom next month and will be doing Oasis in July 2010...........we love Royal Caribbean!:D

I've finally collated pictures and diary entries from our cruise and centralized them into one website.

http://web.mac.com/pcullington

Please take a look and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks

Paul

Great review. We will be on the Liberty in April and are really looking forward to it. It's kind of funny because as I was reading your review I realized we were on the Radiance docked next to you in Puerto Rico. That was our honeymoon cruise.

Hi everyone.

My DW and I took a cruise on Liberty last November for our honeymoon. It was the most fantastic vacation and we're booked on Freedom next month and will be doing Oasis in July 2010...........we love Royal Caribbean!:D

I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Very well written and summarized. I could hear your accent in your words, which is very charming. What a wonderful way to begin your marriage. I wish you and your bride happiness -- and many cruises -- for many many years to come!:)

ps - I cannot wait until Clarence House/Buck Palace announces Prince William's engagement to Miss Catherine Middleton. I will try very hard to make it to London to witness the wedding procession to the Abbey or at St. George's at Windsor -- if we can get within a mile of the castle -- in person, hopefully, when perhaps we will sneak in a short hop on the Independence, which is based in Southampton!! And then back to London for the Olympics in 2012!!!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your blog, Paul, a good review and much appreciated as we will be doing the same cruise at Christmas this year.

We will be on the same Orlando flight and will stay in Orland foro a week then drive to Miami to pick up the ship then have our last night in Orlando and fly out of MCO the next evening.

How long did it take to get to Miami?

We reckon we will have to leave at about 7 in the morning. Did you use the toll road and what were the services like, ie how close to each other?

Thanks for any advice you can give

Cheers

Tony

I went to http://www.mapquest.com and plugged in Orlando, FL to Miami, FL. I got back results of a little under 4 hrs (3hrs, 40 mins). You can probably get better results by plugging in the address of your hotel and the address of the Port of Miami. But hopefully an Orlando or Miami native will see your request and answer better than I am able. Hope that helps!

I went to www.mapquest.com and plugged in Orlando, FL to Miami, FL. I got back results of a little under 4 hrs (3hrs, 40 mins). You can probably get better results by plugging in the address of your hotel and the address of the Port of Miami. But hopefully an Orlando or Miami native will see your request and answer better than I am able. Hope that helps!

Thanks for that, had done the same thing with Google Earth and reckoned around 4hrs.

As you say a resident's opinion or Paul's own experience would confirm my guess of a 7am start. Have to drop the car off at the airport then get the shuttle down to the port. Am reckoning to be at MIA before 1.00pm

Thanks for that, had done the same thing with Google Earth and reckoned around 4hrs.

As you say a resident's opinion or Paul's own experience would confirm my guess of a 7am start. Have to drop the car off at the airport then get the shuttle down to the port. Am reckoning to be at MIA before 1.00pm

Hi Tony,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

Yeah, anywhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on traffic etc. One thing to note is that the car rental locations at MIA are off site and I needed Tom Tom to help me find them. That said, once there the car is booked back in within minutes and you can be on a bus headed to the port within 5 - 10 mins of arriving. The rental company bus will drop you directly outside the correct ship check in area and all in all the whole thing was a painless experience.

We're doing exactly the same as last year in a few weeks and found Dollar a great company to use.

If you have any more questions pls don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers.

Paul.:)

Hi Tony,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

Yeah, anywhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on traffic etc. One thing to note is that the car rental locations at MIA are off site and I needed Tom Tom to help me find them. That said, once there the car is booked back in within minutes and you can be on a bus headed to the port within 5 - 10 mins of arriving. The rental company bus will drop you directly outside the correct ship check in area and all in all the whole thing was a painless experience.

We're doing exactly the same as last year in a few weeks and found Dollar a great company to use.

If you have any more questions pls don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers.

Paul.:)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Unless they have a really good offer, don't intend to take the satnav, although I use it all the time at home. Have found the Alamo airport location on Google Earth so will print off lots of maps before we go.

We sail on a Saturday (the 20th) so there shouldn't be too much in the way of traffic unless it's like the last minute Christmas shopping on the M60 near the Trafford Centre:eek::eek::eek::eek:

God, what a nightmare to go all that way and still get stuck in that.

We will be using the toll road so assume that will not be a problem.

Just hope there are plenty of rest areas.

Cheers and enjoy FOTS. Looks like you are hooked.

Tony

• 7 months later...

Hi guys, just to let you know that the site has been down for a while due to a techie problem which is now sorted. The Liberty review/blog can be accessed from http://www.paulcullington.com

Also coming very soon is the Freedom of the Seas blog/review from last November.....watch this space.

Happy cruising.

Archived