Princess Cays

dinojude

Anybody ever rented a bungalow at Princess Cays? Is it worth it?

I have never rented one, however, the folks I have spoken to are mixed on renting them again. It guarantees you will have an air conditioned spot, albeit a little farther out than everything else on the beach. You have a table and four chairs in the bungalow plus the AC unit mounted in the wall.

Princess Cays (pronouced keys, as in the Florida Keys) is very comfortable and you do not need AC unless you are cramped up in one of the bungalows.

My advice is get off the ship by 10 am and find chairs to park yourself. You can't go wrong with the FREE chairs.

I folks that I spoke to that rented the cabanas regretted it. They are on the 'right' of the dock, get hot and due to the shape of cabana do not get through current.

Hope that helps.

Me, I get off the ship early, grab a chair and slather on the sun screen. I bring my own blow up float and snorkel gear. After some time in the water, I hike north to check out the rock pyramids and then south to the cemetary. Just don't be the last tender back to the ship, unless you are very patient.

Marne the Cruisin' Fool

Anybody ever rented a bungalow at Princess Cays? Is it worth it?

I have rented them before and I will rent them again...I have one booked for an upcoming cruise. The bungalows are great! You are in a less populated area of Princess Cays, you get full waiter service for drinks and food, you are served on tablecloths with cloth napkins, you have a great air conditioned space to get out of the heat...and it also has a ceiling fan...you have a shower to rinse off after a swim and towels are provded. You can get a gold cart ride to and from the bungalow. You also get priority tendering to the island. Each bungalow has plenty of lounge chairs as well as an umbrella table with chairs. You feel very pampered the whole day. I would highly recommend renting one.

Archived