Is it warm enough

Izziebella

We're looking at the Spirit out of San Diego mid February with stops in Manzanillo, Acapulco and Zihuatanejo. If you've done this cruise, how warm is it? Or how long until you reach warmer temperatures. I'm coming from Chicago in the dead of winter, I don't want warm, I want HOT, HOT, HOT.

We're looking at the Spirit out of San Diego mid February with stops in Manzanillo, Acapulco and Zihuatanejo. If you've done this cruise, how warm is it? Or how long until you reach warmer temperatures. I'm coming from Chicago in the dead of winter, I don't want warm, I want HOT, HOT, HOT.

I did this itinerary the last week of this past January. The first and last sea days were way to cool to lay out. I needed sweat pants and a long sleeved t shirt. I was a little disappointed, but had an excellent trip. All other days were majorly hot. So, if you don't mind being inside on those two sea days you will have a wonderful time. From what I understand, the weather can be variable in San Diego that time of year.

I'll let you know about the temperature in October, it should be about the same....I have cruised out of L.A. in feb and it was cool on the first sea day out and the last sea day coming back.....dennis

Sorry to disappoint all of you, but CA has winter too. February can be a funny month. Every now and then, we will have a few days in the 80's, but mostly, we are in the 60's at the coast. Sailing out of San Diego pretty much any time of the year can be a bit cool the first day. The last sea day depends upon the time of year.

But Girldoc has it right, it will be too cold for the pool deck on the first and last sea day for sure. But cold is relative when coming from Chicago. It will definitely be hot hot hot in Acapulco.

Plan to spend time at the Paradise Bar. You may even get up the nerve to bungy.

I'll confess...after a fun day on the Rum Boat, I made the decision to parasail and had a blast. But I did a search on the Paradise Bar and their bungee jump into the pool and OMG there isn't enough liquor in Mexico that would allow me to strap myself onto a rubberband and slingshoot myself off the end of a perch high atop a pool in hopes of resurfacing without a broken body. NO THANKS!

We sailed from San Diego Feb of this year ... the only cool day was the last sea day .. and that was basically caused by fog that was gone by about 1PM. But that is as someone else mentioned .. random. However the weather was hot once we passed Cabo ..

Archived