Cabin question about the "Dawn"

srpilo

Hoping for some help.. I'm new to Princess, and there seems to be alot of catogory's listed as "obsrtucted view".. I'm used to HAL or RCCL or Celebrity where an obstructed view is usually because of life boats, but on the Dawn they seem to be all over the place..

I'm looking on the deck plan & some exterior photos of the Dawn, and judgeing by the exterior photos I can't figure out why the forward " cat. FF outside oceanview" cabins on the plaza deck are listed as "obstructed view", there dosen't seem to be any obstruction from the outside photos .. Umm???

Anybody have any "actual" experience with one of these cabins on the Sun Class ships??

Help !

Srpilo

Thanks for the reply..

I saw the deck plans on the "best Price Cruise's" booking engine witch is the same booking engine that 75% of on line agency's use and it states that catogory FF are obstructed..

So if your brochure say cat F's are obscured ..Why?? ..The exterior photos of "plaza" deck show no obstructions of anykind...Umm??:confused:

As I asked in my original question, I think this question will only be answered by someone who has "Actually" stayed in a cat FF or F... Anybody out there?

Once again thanks for the response

Srpilo

So if your brochure say cat F's are obscured ..Why?? ..The exterior photos of "plaza" deck show no obstructions of anykind...Umm??:confused: Srpilo

The design of the ship has an angle on the front of the ship. From what we observed it appeared as if the front rooms had the hull obstructing part of the windows. These could possibly be the F rooms. The balconys on the Sun Class ships are cut out of the hull and not "attached" to the hull so the design of the entire ship is different. Some of the front balconys even have a partially obstructed view we have been told.

1st off..

Hey, Mike... I seem to be following you (LOL) 1st the Zuiderdam and now the Dawn.. I just couldn't make it a whole year from the Zuiderdam this September til next September for the transatlantic, so I booked the Dawn for the end of Feburary. ...(tough life ain't it :) )... Anyhoo, good to hear from you, and I hope your December Dawn cruise turns out fine... Pete

2nd..

Thanks BJS for your input... I'm sure some former FF or F er's will show themselves eventually for the definitive answer ..:D

Thanks again

Srpilo

Archived