School in session / kids on ship

gszach

Cruising Dawn Oct 5. How does it affect things that school is in session at that time? The other cruises I went on were swamped with kids which doesn't really bother me at all. The part that did bother me though, is that the pool was filled to the brim with kids and they were constantly running in and out of the hot tubs. So I could never just relax in the pool or hot tub. It was almost impossible to ever get a seat in the hot tub because there were always filled with kids. I thought kids weren't supposed to be allowed in the hot tubs (under 16?)? Will this sailing have lots of kids? Or can I expect to use the hot tub peacefully. Other than that I really enjoy watching the kids laugh and smile.

Cruising Dawn Oct 5. How does it affect things that school is in session at that time? The other cruises I went on were swamped with kids which doesn't really bother me at all. The part that did bother me though, is that the pool was filled to the brim with kids and they were constantly running in and out of the hot tubs. So I could never just relax in the pool or hot tub. It was almost impossible to ever get a seat in the hot tub because there were always filled with kids. I thought kids weren't supposed to be allowed in the hot tubs (under 16?)? Will this sailing have lots of kids? Or can I expect to use the hot tub peacefully. Other than that I really enjoy watching the kids laugh and smile.

There will definitely be fewer kids on the October sailing, but you will still find a few on every cruise.......many kids are homeschooled and the parents take advantage of the lower rates that time of year.

I haven't seen any rules about not allowing kids in the hot tubs, and on a few of the cruises I've been on they had specific hot tubs for the kids use.

If you really want to relax and the kids are inturrupting that there is a Spa area pool/hot tub on the DAWN that doesn't allow kids under 16, or maybe it's 18, to use it.........but there is a fee for using this area. :( I think you should be fine in October.

The real problem isn’t the kids… it’s their parents! Kids will do whatever their parents will let them get away with. I’ll be on the Dawn on the October 12th sailing with my 3 kids ages 7 to 13. Rest assured my kids know better than to be running around unsupervised and to be in areas (hot tubs) that they are too young to be in. If they forget, I’ll be there to remind them.

The real problem isn’t the kids… it’s their parents! Kids will do whatever their parents will let them get away with. I’ll be on the Dawn on the October 12th sailing with my 3 kids ages 7 to 13. ...

It is the parents, I agree.

I will try to leave the Dawn in good shape for you, when I sail Oct 5, 2008. I will try to leave a few lobsters for you too, but I can't guarantee anything as I have a huge appetite and do love lobster!

There will definitely be fewer kids on the October sailing, but you will still find a few on every cruise.......many kids are homeschooled and the parents take advantage of the lower rates that time of year.

I haven't seen any rules about not allowing kids in the hot tubs, and on a few of the cruises I've been on they had specific hot tubs for the kids use.

If you really want to relax and the kids are inturrupting that there is a Spa area pool/hot tub on the DAWN that doesn't allow kids under 16, or maybe it's 18, to use it.........but there is a fee for using this area. :( I think you should be fine in October.

you should try the spa.....its very relaxing even when school is out. Its 20 dollars a day, but its well worth it. I'm looking forward to it for my next cruise..hope they have one on the Majesty.

We have cruised several times in Sept or Oct and there are very few children on these cruises. Parents generally will not take their kids out of school this early in the school year.

You should have no problem relaxing in the hot tubs and pools.

I think kids are allowed in the hot tubs. A few ships have adult only areas and signs are posted but in general, around the main pool area I think it is fair game.

It's not like the hot tubs are hot, I've actually never been on a cruise (in like 15 cruises) were the hot tubs were more than warm. I think kids in hot tubs are part of what you accept cruising on a mass market cruiseline. Its a sardine jam packed free for all on the pool deck. That's what you get.

My kids are actually out of school for several days in the second week of October. Its a combination of Columbus Day (holiday) and Teacher Workshop Days. You can't make assumptions anymore about kids and school when you see them vacationing.

We used to cruise in the summer as my wife worked in our local school. Now that's she's done, we did our last cruise in May, and our next one is in early June. As stated, it's not the kids, it's usually the parents, but when going to Bermuda, the prices are also less in May/ early June and it's early in the hurricane season so there are many reasons to cruise early not to mention great deal traveling with a CC Group!!:D :cool: ;)

Archived