Zuiderdam VD or SS

ColoradoJuli

I am currently booked in a VD (5085) Veranda for my 40th birthday bash. I am seriously considering upgrading to a SS (5001). We are going to have family members joining us and I was thinking that the larger cabin and verandah would be nice for people to 'hang out' on. It is going to cost me about $300 more. Is it worth the price? Thanks for the help!

Julie......If possible go for the SS suite!! We upgraded to one from a VD in Sept. and just booked another cruise on the Z in an SS again. For your 40th go for it!! It is huge compared to the VD (balconys on VD category are very small). Another thing you may want to keep in mind is that the 5001 SS has a smaller balcony than the regular SS. It is a larger cabin size but you also have access to the VERY front balcony of the ship. This a public accessable area, but according to some readers on a post I ran yesterday it is used very little by other cruisers (I don't know if chairs are available out here). If this is the only cabin available I would definately go for it!! If another SS suite is available on the 8th (Navigator) deck try for one of those. The bathrooms are huge as well!! Good luck!! Chef Nancy:)

I say "Go for It", if HAL will let you have it. As Marie said, you will have to show proof that you need a handicapped cabin.

If it is the only SS available, HAL will probably let you have it, but should someone come along with proof that they need it, you will be moved to another cabin, so I would suggest choosing another SS. Check out SS8094 on Nav deck and similar cabins on the other decks......they seem to be larger with larger balconies.

Thank you SO much for the information. I will check out the Navigator deck. Which side of the ship should I book? Turns out the upgrade is going to be only $360 for the two of us. I am going for it. It also will give us more deck space for family members to hang out on. Should be a blast. Boy am I excited! Thanks for the great information, I knew you guys would come through for me!

Go for the SS! You'll have a considerably larger cabin and balcony.

The SS is almost as big as the S but without many of the key perks.

If you like spaciousness you'll love the SS.

Treat yourself, you deserve it!

[quote name='ColoradoJuli']Thank you SO much for the information. I will check out the Navigator deck. Which side of the ship should I book? Turns out the upgrade is going to be only $360 for the two of us. I am going for it. It also will give us more deck space for family members to hang out on. Should be a blast. Boy am I excited! Thanks for the great information, I knew you guys would come through for me![/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3]Good for you. You will love the SS and as TedC said "who wants anything called VD". :D

Doesn't matter which side of the ship you book. We have been on both sides and it makes no difference.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Archived