Latitudes Question

Tomct

We are planning a group cruise for next June, and to get some questions answered, my daughter called NCL directly. In that conversation, they discussed a one cat upgrade going on, and then mentioned, that come December or so, NCL "may" off additional discounts for Latitude members. It was actually her first ever discussion with NCL or a TA cruise related matter, so didn't try to clarify.

I've never heard of such a discount, and wondered if anyone else has.

Thanks

Might be referring to the coupons that come in the quarterly magazine.

Other than that, I wouldn't hope for much. Bookings for all cruise lines have been very strong lately, so your chances of picking up a good deal for a June sailing is pretty small.

Book now. If the price goes down, you can always get an adjustment. If a special deal comes along that requires a new booking, then just cancel what you have and re-book.

Speaking of Lattitudes bars, does anyone know which one is on the Star?

Is the discount 20%? Do you have to show your card? (Some of us have them, some dont.)

Which bars have the 2 for 1 happy hours?

Thanks!

Pam

If you don't have your card, just go visit the Port & Cruise Consultant on board, and he/she will give you a temporary card. Discount is 20%, I believe. Happy hours will be found in your Freestyle Daily. I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you which bar is the "latitudes" bar on the Star.

FYI - I discovered a disturbing change in the Latitudes discount this summer on the Sun. Not sure if it was Alaska/ship specific or a test of a new policy.

The discount was restricted to one bar as usual but only available during limited hours listed on the Latitudes letter delivered to your room. Also the discount was not available on specials (bucket of beer, Drink of the Day) and only on house brand drinks.

I am not sure the last part was intended or the bar staff being very careful. They were all new since most of the bar staff had been fired the month before.

I hope these changes don't catch on fleet wide.

Archived