Souvenirs???

Dubrovnik: we found many local elderly women selling gorgeous lace or embroidery work items. Tablecloths, childrens clothes, handkerchiefs etc. Also I saw some beautiful round ball like filigree earrings in quite a few stores.....wish I had of bought them now :( Also quite a few painters with all size paintings of the old town area....I bought one @ 8X10 on canvas.

Corfu: We bought my son a beautiful gold coin ring here in the old town area. Also purchased the obligatory bottles of Ouzo (sp?) And quite a few bars of olive soaps as well as other soaps for gifts. They also have some beautiful olive wood carvings like fork and spoon sets and bowls as well as other items. Beautiful wood. We found most of these items on our tour in the smaller villages.

Havent been to the other ports - YET! :D

One doesnt need to go to murano to get some lovely murano glass souveniers. I went to a jewelry store close to St. Marks and bought murano glass wine bottle stoppers. Prices vary but I bought three very pretty ones for 50 euros. I think they will make great gifts for "couples" rather than individuals. In the rialto bridge area there were some lovely lace shops but we just didnt have time to shop. I know id have found some lovely souveniers in lace there.

Nora

Archived