Holiday Inn Convention Center New Orleans.

Terry King

has anyone stayed here night before cruise. they have a park and cruise special that I just booked. And since we are staying there Jan 1. rooms are hard to come by in New Orleans that weekend. Most want you to stay 3 nights.Its $200. I don't think that is too bad considering its a holiday weekend. Would like to hear some feedback on the location, rooms and service......thanks terry

I think you made a fine choice. Friends have stayed there, and when I visited them, I noticed the cleanliness and friendly staff. I know they do offer free shuttle service to the Quarter and to Harrah's, but not sure about the pier. If not, your cab fare will be $7pp to the terminal.

My family and I stayed At the Holiday Inn Convention Center in March before our cruise out of Nawlins. The place was nice and the staff was friendly in the morning when we checked out, but they were quite rude and frazzled when we checked in the night before, after arriving by Amtrac out of Memphis(first trainride, what an experience). They were quite attentive though, even called my room to remind me of my reservation at Emeril's Restaurant (I guess Emeril's called to remind me, since I left the hotel as my location while in town). We hired a van to take us and our luggage to the terminal. We had done a little investigating the night before; seeing where everything was in relation to the hotel. We walked over to the Riverside Mall, which is actually attached to the cruise terminal. We though it would be a bit of a struggle pulling our luggage over, even though it is no more than a long block away. THIS IS MY ADVICE. WALK!!! It took us over an hour to get to the terminal with our luggage in the taxi van, even though we could see the terminal the entire trip. This was due to a bottle neck of several lanes going into one, with police check vehicles etc. due to security concerns. I must say I had an interesting conversation witht the driver, but I really do wish we had pulled the luggage across the street. I think you will enjoy your stay at the Holiday Inn Convention center, nice rooms, semi-friendly staff.

I hope this helps & good luck!!

Shawn

Jubilee March 2003

Holiday March 2004

Ecstacy booked Nov 15 2004!!

Elation booked April 3 2005!!!

[ THIS IS MY ADVICE. WALK!!! It took us over an hour to get to the terminal with our luggage in the taxi van, even though we could see the terminal the entire trip. This was due to a bottle neck of several lanes going into one, with police check vehicles etc. due to security concerns. I must say I had an interesting conversation witht the driver, but I really do wish we had pulled the luggage across the street. I think you will enjoy your stay at the Holiday Inn Convention center, nice rooms, semi-friendly staff.

]

Did you happen to see the Hampton Inn and Suites? Is it close to the Holiday Inn? There have been several stories of people walking to the ship from there, but others that say don't do it (too far with luggage, have to cross tracks, etc.)

I'm not for sure, but I believe the Hampton Inn was across the street/corner from The Holiday Inn Select. You do have to cross the streetcar tracks which are very close to the cruise terminal entrance. Not a big problem, but I must admit it would be a bit of a chore to haul all of the luggage if you carry a lot of luggage. I just recall it being frustrating, sitting there in that traffic for over an hour. For most of the time, we could see the cruise terminal and knew our hotel was just the other side of the convention center.

Maybe they will have resolved some of the traffic problem by the time of your cruise, and you won't run into the problem we did. I'm just a "get there early" type of person, and thought my 10:30 departure time would have gotten me in the front of the line for boarding. One great thing was that it took less than ten minutes to baord the ship after we finally arrived at the terminal. We had our Funpasses completed, waited in a very short line and went right on board. SO, you may not want to take me advice about walking.

Thanks for all the advise we have booked the " park and cruise". and will be leaving our car there. we have a "free Shuttle to the pier". my question is....will it still take an hour to get there on the shuttle? what time should we leave the hotel ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived