In Memory of MargaritaGal

FionaCruz

Some of you may know MargaritaGal (Marcia) who loved this website and chatting with you about Norwegian Cruises. She was my former co-worker and friend and I have the sad news to report that this past weekend she passed away at only 59 years old due to cancer. She will be missed and I just wanted you to know since she loved to cruise and her absence here will be felt (I finally went on my first cruise last month after being inspired by her many cruise tales).

Here she was in happier times:

MarciaL.jpg

My thoughts are with you. This is sad and so very common. We also lost someone in the family yesterday to cancer, just a very few short weeks after being diagnosed.

Just love every day and appreciate those in your life, because it can be short. That's why I like to cruise - it's important to enjoy life while you can!

Lost my dad to the big C too.

I am sorry for your recents loses.

I don't know if I had the pleasure to be on the same thread as MargaritaGal but she must have been inspiring to the newcomers to try cruising, being she was so passionate about something she loved. Goodnight Marica. Happy Cruising..............

My thoughts are with you. This is sad and so very common. We also lost someone in the family yesterday to cancer, just a very few short weeks after being diagnosed.

Just love every day and appreciate those in your life, because it can be short. That's why I like to cruise - it's important to enjoy life while you can!

I agree, do everything you can while you are here on earth..thats why I cruise too....you can be here today....gone tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your loss from this terrible disease.:( My wife was diagnosed with cancer last year. So far, after surgery she is showing no signs of it's return and on our last cruise in May, she was even able to snorkel!:D :cool:

Life is short, so we all need to enjoy and cherish ever day!:D

I'am standing upon the seashore.

A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.

I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come together to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from sight. That is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at her side says: "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

May your friend sail with the wind.

Sorry for your loss and yes it is a loss for CC too.

Some people continue to look at me like I am crazy when I tell them that I am going on another cruise...I always say "Have fun every day!" (even it it's just a little)...

I'am standing upon the seashore.

A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.

I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come together to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from sight. That is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at her side says: "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

May your friend sail with the wind.

That was awesome. Did you create this? It's beautiful.

Sandy

and remember, every NCL cruise you do she will be there with you. Her gift to you. Just let someone be rude to you at work & watch that show.

Some of you may know MargaritaGal (Marcia) who loved this website and chatting with you about Norwegian Cruises. She was my former co-worker and friend and I have the sad news to report that this past weekend she passed away at only 59 years old due to cancer. She will be missed and I just wanted you to know since she loved to cruise and her absence here will be felt (I finally went on my first cruise last month after being inspired by her many cruise tales).

Here she was in happier times:

MarciaL.jpg

That was awesome. Did you create this? It's beautiful.

Sandy

This was something my DH's Aunt had tucked away in her belongings, that we found after she passed away. Because his Aunt traveled around the world on a freighter with her husband (123 days) and did out of the ordinary water travels, river travel in 3rd world countries ect. We used this at her funeral and I have always loved it. I don't know who wrote it, maybe she did as it was in her own hand writing with crossed our words and scribbles here and there. I agree it is very beautiful!

A sad day indeed when we lose anyone who's touched our lives... And we all touch each other on this planet. Bon Voyage to our friend Marcia. Her final voyage is unending and smooth sailing. Thank you Fiona for paying tribute to your friend. And thank you Retiredonthesea for sharing your Aunt's moving words. I am hopeful to meet many of you in person someday as I already feel a connection. God bless us all.

A.

I'm so sorry to hear about MargaritaGal. I remember her postings and she seemed to have a great sense of humor.

Take a moment on your next cruise and have a special toast to her at sail-away. She would like that.

retiredonthesea - That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Archived