shopping on board?

fernem

Hi. I will be on the Millennium in ten days for the first time. I know there is a large shopping venue and that, in general, shopping on a ship is not a great idea ... but are there any good deals there? Do you have purchases that you are still pleased to have made while cruising?

Your experiences with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

fern

I do buy the occasional souvenir onboard - like a sailor's hat for my little nephews, or maybe a spoon for my aunt. But I have found the clothing to be expensive (and too laden with logos for my taste), and the jewellery isn't ever that appealing, but then I'm not much into jewellery. My friend bought a watch once and she was pleased with the purchase. It wasn't a great deal, but the price was about the same as she would have paid at home in Canada.

There are really only two shops where I do much shopping - the makeup and perfume shop, and the duty free liquor store. Otherwise, the shops are primarily there for browsing.

I do buy the occasional souvenir onboard - like a sailor's hat for my little nephews, or maybe a spoon for my aunt. But I have found the clothing to be expensive (and too laden with logos for my taste), and the jewellery isn't ever that appealing, but then I'm not much into jewellery. My friend bought a watch once and she was pleased with the purchase. It wasn't a great deal, but the price was about the same as she would have paid at home in Canada.

There are really only two shops where I do much shopping - the makeup and perfume shop, and the duty free liquor store. Otherwise, the shops are primarily there for browsing.

Question- does anyone know the cosmetic BRANDs sold on the ship (Estee lauder, Clinique, Lancome are usually on the ships-any others?)

Thanks

Carole

Hi. I will be on the Millennium in ten days for the first time. I know there is a large shopping venue and that, in general, shopping on a ship is not a great idea ... but are there any good deals there? Do you have purchases that you are still pleased to have made while cruising?

Thanks,

fern

I love the shopping on the Celebrity ships. What is fun is that they have something for everyone at every price. I still have the stuff I bought on Infinity and Summit. I usually do not buy jewelry but I bought some cherry amber on both of the ships and I felt like it was priced right. I love how they put tables up in front of the stores and offer all kinds of fun stuff.

Have fun.

I generally don't buy stuff on a cruise. To me, shopping is an enormous waste of time in my regular life, much less, during a vacation, and I don't spend two minutes doing that sort of crap during a vacation...:D

Thank goodness they have shops! We were on Galaxy in 2006 and when we got to Istanbul it was snowing very heavily! No-one expected such cold weather - I had to buy a woolen knitted jumper, which was very warm luckily!

I also like browsing at those tables after dinner or after the show!

Thanks,

fern

The best thing to buy onboard is a foldable suitcase to carry your other purchases home in.

Archived