Birthday While In Pc Dining

Hapinowagain2

We are going on the Coral Princess in December. I have filled out all my information on the computer including the fact that my husband's birthday will be during that time. Previously we had always had traditional dining and it worked out well, never had to mention it to them again and they took care of it. This time we will be in PC dining. Since they won't know when or where we will be eating, how will the birthday celebration be handled.

If you have a standing reservation with same waiter just tell him the night before. If you have a different waiter each evening just tell him when you are seated. There are cakes and cards avaiable that he can obtain for you that evening.

You can also mention it to the maitre D' as you enter the dining room. This works better than speaking to the waiter if you want to make the cake delivery to the table a surprise for your spouse.

The last time we had PC dining and a special occasion, the "staff" sent us a small card which our steward placed in our mail slot. It stated they knew we were having a special occasion and it told us who to contact to make the necessary arrangements. I didn't bother since I'd rather have the regular dessert than the special cake, and wasn't really sure when and where I wanted to eat that night, but that was the procedure used on the Coral in April.

Once you get to the restaurant that you want to dine at I would absolutely remind the waitor of the occasion. Even call ahead and let them know. My birthday was supposed to be celebrated on Monday night and instead of happy birthday balloons I got Captain's Circle balloons and there was no mention of it at dinner. I probably could have pushed the issue but it didn't really matter to me at that point. I really don't think there is much communication between what you've set as a preference online and what ends up on your trip. I had ordered robes in the room as well as wine and neither showed up. I also had called to make sure they knew that there was no wedding afterall and subsequently (duh) no honeymoon and lo and behold on the first night we came back to the cabin with happy honeymoon balloons on the door.:(

We are just off the CP - we were celebrating my mother's 88th birthday. We had received a small note in mailbox with the date of 10-17 on it. We had PC dining and when I called for reservations on that night, I mentioned the birthday, they must have told the waiter because it went off without a hitch, birthday cake with candle along with "happy birthday" card from Captain. I think I could have just given the waiter the original slip of paper and it would have worked as well.

Archived