Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

I just checked the Emerald Princess deck plans and it does shopw the location of those big white boxes outside of E407, 408, 409 and 410. Also aft E705, 706, 707 and 708. The locations should be the same on the Crown and the Ruby Princess. Hope this info helps.

I just checked the Emerald Princess deck plans and it does show the location of those big white boxes outside of E407, 408, 409 and 410. Also aft E705, 706, 707 and 708. The locations should be the same on the Crown and the Ruby Princess. Hope this info helps.

To do this, right click and then "save image" to your computer. Then you can view the image and enlarge it if you want (at least on a pc) and print it. The resolution isn't great, but you should still be able to read the cabin nos.

Thanks, Barb! Your tips work great! Now I can save this for future reference. Have a great weekend!:D

Hi Barb,

It's actually E701 that we were in, but 703 was OK, too. I noticed on the Princess web site on the deck plans, I think it's the Emerald that actually shows the outline of the white boxes outside the rooms. Don't know why it's not shown for the Crown and Ruby as it's most helpful.

Kathy, thanks for correcting that.

Actually, they wanted to give us E307 and I thought we would only see a boat in front of us. From what I saw from someone's chart, the boats are smaller, am I right?

Yes, the forward boats around E307 are smaller, so you get about a half-window view.

Yes, the forward boats around E307 are smaller, so you get about a half-window view.

Thanks Barb. We got such a deal on this. We asked for the best price obstructed but was hoping I could see the horizon so I wouldn't get sick. Some fellow had a pic of this cabin but his pics are not available any longer.:)

Hi, this will be my first Princess Cruise. Is the deck plan for the Sapphire the same as the Crown diagram? If so - looks like I have a big white box for my view. Hopefully I'm wrong - as I saw a post last week from someone who was in E409 who said they had a great view. Anyone have a pic or know how obstructed the Sapphire E 409 view will be?

Thanks,

Deb

Hi, this will be my first Princess Cruise. Is the deck plan for the Sapphire the same as the Crown diagram? If so - looks like I have a big white box for my view. Hopefully I'm wrong - as I saw a post last week from someone who was in E409 who said they had a great view. Anyone have a pic or know how obstructed the Sapphire E 409 view will be?

Thanks,

Deb

Hi Deb:

The deck plan for the Sapphire is different than the Crown, but same as the Diamond. Someone posted here earlier "that E410 (same as E409) is not obstructed. There is a white metal fixture to the right from ceiling to floor very narrow does not affect the view and two spotlights facing towards water which should not interfere with the cabin."

Here's link to the picture:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2274507460101627832HFZCbq

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by SSN

Wow - That would be a truly great view if it is indeed the same as E410. I booked this cruise - very early before I was aware of this site and the help previous cruisers provided.

Thanks so much - I sail on August 1st and can't wait!

Deb

Hi,

Here's a Photo Shopped diagram I did combining a real

photo with a screen shot of Emeralds decks...similar to Crown.

Had this posted before...maybe it will help some.

EmeraldObstructedView1-1.jpg

Regards,

Maxx

:cool::)

What a useful diagram! Thanks for you hard work.

I don't usually book obstructed view, but will keep this for the day when I do!!!

Thanks so much for the great diagram and information! It appears that E417 will not be obstructed by a lifeboat or raft. I'm assuming that the only obstruction will be the roof overhang from the deck above.

Sandie

we are on the emerald E623...i tried sooo hard to see the numbers of the cabins....is there another place to see a great diagram like this one?

You can view the deck plans on the Princess website. E623 will look over the bow of one of the smaller lifeboats, so you should have no trouble seeing out over it to the water and horizon; you just won't be able to look down. I had a similarly-located cabin on the Grand and it was just fine.

we are on the emerald E623...i tried sooo hard to see the numbers of the cabins....is there another place to see a great diagram like this one?

Here's a tip from Barb earlier on how to enlarge it, right click and then "save image" to your computer. Then you can view the image and enlarge it if you want (at least on a pc) and print it. The resolution isn't great, but you should still be able to read the cabin nos.

If that doesn't work, save it to a word document first. Make sure the page layout is in landscrape, right click on the image, copy and paste. Click on View, Zoom and change it to 200% and you should be able to read it. If not, try 250%.

Hope this helps. :)

worked great !! it does look like a fine view.....i sort of thought that from looking at deck plans before, but this is a bit clearer.

thank you !! i am going to take a pix when we get on board....that way if anyone ever asks about that particular cabin i will have something to show. i did that for last years cruise...we were on the crown in 323. i have those pix and have shared them.

We currently have cabin E228 which looks like it's between two lifeboats. Cabins E414 abd E418 are available but I'm concerned that they are right by the elevators. This is a holiday cruise and I'm wondering about the noise that might be in that area.

Which cabin would you choose?

Thanks